cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build on existing virgin estate

luke213
Tuning in

I've moved house into a new build house on a new development that already has a lot of Virgin Media customers. Our house is pre-wired, with a Virgin Media box installed on the outside of the property, but apparently Virgin Media services are not showing as being available.

I was with Virgin at my old premises and during the Home Move process they told me to get in touch with the National Home Builders team which doesn't connect, they've sent multiple forms to backend teams and after everyone assuring me they would call me back, I have yet to hear from anyone.

Can anyone at VM take a look at why our address has not yet been released as it's so frustrating knowing we should be able to receive services but being passed from pillar to post and not getting any response back?

14 REPLIES 14

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @luke213 

As far as I know you can reach the National Home Builders team on 0800 0737 100. They don't work weekends or Bank Holidays.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Unfortunately I've been trying to get hold of them for about 3 weeks and not had a response. That number never connects and I've not had any response by email.

The sales and movers team say they fill in forms and will get back to me within 48-hours and for the past 3-weeks I've yet to have anyone call me back or have any response to the forms they fill in.

Unfortunately VM is the only provider I should be able to get and VM are continuing to tell me we don't exist.

I keep going round in circles unfortunately.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @luke213 

Have you tried the pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I've just sat on the phone to them for the past 40-minutes and they say my address just doesn't show up on the system (the rest of the street does) and that it's strange as there is a Virgin Media box on the outside of the property. They agree someone from VM have been there and there should be a record somewhere but unfortunately no-one knows any more than that.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The chances are anything in or on the property was put in by the builders themselves. What was at the location prior to these new build houses? In many cases the street ducting has to be modified to accommodate access points for the new houses. Until this is modified VM won’t add the properties to the database.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

It's brand new, there used to be fields here.

There are approximately 120 houses already built, 10 of which are on our street. ALL houses except ours shows as available so I doubt it's related to this as the street ducting has been installed and is being used by others showing as available on our street (both next door and opposite us).

Hi luke213, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you've not had much luck with getting any help so far. We can certainly have a look at this for you but will need to confirm some information with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath_F,

Many thanks, I have replied to you via PM and will take it up further with you there.

Cheers

Hi Luke213, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message with your information. I have forwarded this over to the relevant teams and as soon as I get a reply, I will come back to you. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs