cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New account connection delays

rg2clive
Joining in

Hi

My installation was 1st due on the 3rd of Feb 22. The engineer came only to find that only the houses in my Street had the Virgin cable & boxes in the pavement and not the flats, including mine. The surveyor came out and a booked the outside work, with the pre installation team. The installation was then postponed from the 3rd of Feb to the 12th of Mar and now postponed to the 28th Mar 22.

My previous Plusnet provider kindly gave me 2 extensions but I wasnt able to get a 3rd extension and Plusnet cancelled. I am now without any fast internet, I suffer from severe mental problems and hardly ever go out. The internet is my lifeline, and I now feel so isolated. Getting a new contract with Plusnet etc will take up to 2 weeks to start. A prob with that now also, is that an 02 sim card was included with the Virgin Media package which I've been using since the end of January.

I've been on the phone to Virgin Media about a dozen times or more, and now they seem to be passing the buck and blaming their outside contractors.

I've just emailed my local Council to find out if the Virgin Pre Installation Team has applied for permission to work on the road oustide my flat. Waiting for a reply from them.

May have to take another posters advice and fill in the Offcom form, not really a  good former filler, and never ever felt the real need to complain like this before, so hope the ouside work is done soon and the installation is completed by or before the 28th Mar 22.

I can't believe a multi million doller company like Virgin would treat new or potential new customers absolutely appalling like this.

Any help or advice would be appreciated from anyone. Pretty desperate.

rg2clive

3 REPLIES 3

rg2clive
Joining in

Hi JBe

I'm going through something similar as well.

My installation was 1st due on the 3rd of Feb 22. The engineer came only to find that only the houses in my Street had the Virgin cable & boxes in the pavement and not the flats, including mine. The surveyor came out and a booked the outside work, with the pre installation team. The installation was then postponed from the 3rd of Feb to the 12th of Mar and now postponed to the 28th Mar 22.

My previous Plusnet provider kindly gave me 2 extensions but I wasnt able to get a 3rd extension and Plusnet cancelled. I am now without any fast internet, I suffer from severe mental problems and hardly ever go out. The internet is my lifeline, and I now feel so isolated. Getting a new contract with Plusnet etc will take up to 2 weeks to start. A prob with that now also, is that an 02 sim card was included with the Virgin Media package which I've been using since the end of January.

I've been on the phone to Virgin Media about a dozen times or more, and now they seem to be passing the buck and blaming their outside contractors.

May have to take another posters advice and fill in the Offcom form, not really a  good former filler, and never ever felt the real need to complain like this before, so hope the ouside work is done soon and the installation is completed by or before the 28th Mar 22.

I can't believe a multi million doller company like Virgin would treat new or potential new customers absolutely appalling like this.

Any help or advice would be appreciated from anyone. Pretty desperate.

rg2clive

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Welcome to Virgin Media and their version of customer service. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi rg2clive, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue with a delayed installation. We understand this can be frustrating but unfortunately delays do happen on occasions.

The teams will already be working hard to complete the necessary works to allow the install to go ahead and you can keep up to date by speaking to the pre-installs team directly on 150 / 0345 454 1111 options 1, 3 then 4. 
I can take a look at the latest update for you too and can also get a complaint raised and assigned over to the relevant team for you. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs