Menu
jamiethompson
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

New Installation - pre-install

Just signed up and got a text to say the pre-install guys will turn up before the actual installation date to do the external work. Is this to run the cable from the street to my house? If so, how do I let them know where to run the cable and put the external termination box as it isn't very obvious, if it is installed on the right hand side of my house they will have to rip it back out again and start over.

0 Kudos
Paul_262
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New Installation - pre-install

Hi

The pre install is generally a check to ensure services can go ahead and to talk through route through the garden and positioning of external box, also you should get a date when the external works will be fitted so you have the option to be there on the day of installation,

regards

Paul

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Z92
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Look for the tee in the pavement outside your house, this is where the cable will come from and is typically in a straight line from here to your house which is typically the front of your house, the cable is then run from here to wherever you need it for access to the router/tv box.

They will normally knock on your door prior to starting the work to see if you have any special requests. 

0 Kudos
jamiethompson
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The problem is it says they'll turn up unannounced so I probably won't be in.

0 Kudos
jamiethompson
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The tee is to the right of the house, the cable needs to feed into the left. If they'd have installed the tee on the left then this wouldn't be an issue! The text says I don't need to be there when they arrive, they'll turn up at a random time and day before the installation date.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi jamiethompson, thanks for posting and welcome to our community.  

I am sorry you're having concerns about your pending installation.  I would like to see if there's something I can do to reassure you.  I am going to send you a private message. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi jamiethompson

Just a quick post to check your satisfied that our forum team have responded and have tried to help resolve your issues?  Remember if you need help in the future, our fantastic community members and forum team are always willing to lend a hand.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
jamiethompson
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Lee,

It’s all sorted now, have found a suitable solution

0 Kudos