Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

New Activation

Hi, Received the broadband package this morning, all plugged in, called the 0800 activation number, and waited, flashing green light, on router, waited a couple hours, tried to do the activation again via the 0800 number, tells me that it cant be activated, then bit later had 2 messages from different numbers saying its been activated now, but I still have the flashing green light, checked cables, and restarted a few times, and left it again for a couple of hours, does it normally take this long?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: New Activation

It shouldnt.
Try a reset.
With the Hub switched "on" push in the pin on the back/side/bottom of the Hub with the end of a paperclip/thin nail or similar (bigger items like ball point pen ends may not press it in far enough) until you feel it at the “stop point” and hold it there firmly for a "timed" minimum of 60 seconds do NOT restart the Hub after that. Leave it 5' or so to stabilise and then your passwords/passphrase for both the Hub settings and the Wifi networks will revert to the two printed on the Hub sticker on its base/side/card. Make sure you use the wifi one for devices connecting to the wifi and the settings one to access the Hub.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thanks for that, done the reset, and given it another half an hour, hub status still showing Internet Access Denied and Hub 3 device info page shows network access blocked, not sure if I’m looking at the right pages? Any more thoughts?

Cheers

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

Please PM me your account details; Account number, account holders name, 1st line of address, Site ID/Area code, CM MAC for Hub . To PM me hover over my profile picture and select send message and ill be happy to look in to it for you.

Hope this helps
Jake
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Virgin Media Field Technician. All and any advice given is based on my experience in the field or my personal experiences with my own set up at home. If my answer was helpful to you please Mark as helpful or consider leaving the post some Kudos.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Want to save £50 off your bill by referring a friend? Send me a PM and I'll let you know how!

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, sent you those now

Cheers

0 Kudos