cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New 1gig plan setup

Trap74
Tuning in

Hi guys, hopefully just a quick one and not too stupid.

So my dad has been the account holder for years since i was younger, and still is for the property I'm in now. The other day our previous contract expired and today he upgraded (via live chat) to the 1gig plan, new router to be sent out etc etc

Problem is, all that we know is that at some point in the next 7 days, we will be able to agree a delivery date for the router....

7 days to choose a delivery slot? really?  7 days seems a bit ridiculous these days to receive something in the post let alone just to book a delivery time....is this normal? is there any way I might be able to speed up the process if not?

I'd really expect to get this a LOT faster considering I'm spending £700 on the connection.

Thanks in advance

5 REPLIES 5

Z92
Trouble shooter

£700 on the connection? The connection is typically free, or at most £25 - £35.

That said, VM will only talk to the account holder.

But for your delivery, you don't typically choose a delivery slot, but rather they'll text you a tracking number and estimated delivery window closer to the time.

Apologies, by connection i meant the whole thing. £62/pm over a year or whatever it is 18 months perhaps, the actual setup fee was 35 like you said.

Aaaah ok so its much more likely what they actually meant was, it'll be at some point in the next 7 days, and im guessing thats probably a conservative estimate they put in for worst case scenarios, hopefully living near a major city it'll be a little quicker.

Thanks for clearing that up 🙂

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

to receive something in the post” It’s not normally sent by post, mostly they use Yodel, unfortunately. 

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

oh god haha, hopefully i'll get lucky,

shame though i would have thought these days it would be a next day courier thing, would have gladly paid a few quid more given the option even.

oh well, as long as it turns up lol

Hi Trap74

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Sorry for the confusion, normally you should get a delivery date so I'll PM you now to sort this out.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill