cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neighbours have Virgin Media Services why can't I?

umfrevillen
Tuning in

Hello,

If I'm allowed to know, what were the factors that meant they couldn't be serviced?

Many thanks,

Nick

[MOD EDIT: Post split to create own thread. @umfrevillen please add more details so the Community can help]

3 REPLIES 3

Robert_P
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi umfrevillen

Thanks for your query, there are a lot of factors that can dictate whether a property is available to be connected to our network, the most important factor is whether the property is connected or able to be connected to our network infrastructure. In some instances we can work around this by requesting permission but this isn't always possible or permission granted by the local authority or council. This can even be prevented by neighbors if work is required on their property they aren't happy with.

Rob

Hi Rob

I have raised this issued with Virgin for coming up to one year now. I have left the issue with Virgin, but have not heard back.

I would like to get virgin. Both my neighbours have virgin. When we purchased out house in May last year, the sellers confirmed that virgin was installed to our private driveway. However virgin are not able to connect us. Bizarre. Are you able to shed any light? Thanks 

Hi Domsene, 

Thanks for coming back here and apologies to hear you've not had any updates on this one. 

It looks as though there are a few properties on the your street that we've been unable to connect I'm afraid. There is no further notes on this to advise the reasons why but as this has already been checked, and we've still got your address down as unserviceable, there is nothing more we can advise on I'm afraid. 

I know this isn't the news you'd be hoping for however make sure you register your address with us here, if you haven't already. Once registered the team can get some plans on the go to come to your address 🙂

Take care and apologies once again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs