Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Neighbour can't log in to VM

EddyFiss
Tuning in

Hi Anyone

I recommended my neighbour to join VM.

He did and it is all set up to go.

However, he can't log in to do anything like setting up his email addy. Now, before Sky actually cuts him off, can you help him to get started please?

He is not computer literate, so he has asked me to help. I aint bad and Ive got him to register with this community, because you are more able than I to do the next bit.

I dropped a clanger, because I went home after I got him started with his new user name and password for the community. I went wrong, because I should have waited for the verification email from you and back from him. May I never be forgiven! Anyway, we can't ask for resend of the verification because you won't let him ask questions until ...... Worse, he is unable, of course, to get to MYSETTINGS to ask for a resend.

So could you please arrange for the verification email to be resent.I'm imagine you would prfere to do this by PM, which you can do direct to me or, if you don't the look of me, to his Sky email.

I'd be grateful for any help please, because I'm going grey by the minute and he's nearly bald from tearing his hair out.

Cheers

Cliff

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Client62
Hero

If needed call Sky internet today and have them defer the service termination by a month or two until the VM service has been fully functional with all equipment.

If a telephone is involved in the move to from Sky to VM, that telephone not be cancelled it must remain in service or it will not be ported and the number will be lost. Beware of phone + internet bundles, cancel any part and loose the lot.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you/they tried the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 (or the VM Sales team on --  0800 953 5353 ) and see if they can help?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Daniel_Et
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @EddyFiss, thank you for your post.

We're sorry to hear about the problem your neighbour is having 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @jbrennand 👍

Regards,
Daniel

Client62
Hero

If needed call Sky internet today and have them defer the service termination by a month or two until the VM service has been fully functional with all equipment.

If a telephone is involved in the move to from Sky to VM, that telephone not be cancelled it must remain in service or it will not be ported and the number will be lost. Beware of phone + internet bundles, cancel any part and loose the lot.