Menu
Fluke32
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Need an Installation Team

Hi 

I am a new Virgin customer. Ordered my broadband and was given today as the day the installation team would be installing. I had already asked for a site survey but when the engineer arrived last week he was there for less than a minute, said he didnt know why he was there and the installation team would sort it all out.

So this morning they arrive and tell me they can install as they need another team to do a pull through. They actually arrived this afternoon and were brilliant. In the mean time I have had an email from Virgin saying my new installation appointment is now 13th December. 

I have been on the phone all afternoon and evening being transferred, put on hold and cut off. I gave up when I was put from Pre Install through to cancellations because I said 13th December was unacceptable. I did actually ask how to cancel and was told it would have to be done by the Pre Install team and they could put me through.

My internet from Sky is being cut off tomorrow. The install team this morning and the team this afternoon both said phone up and explain and they will send an engineer out tomorrow or Wednesday at the latest. 

I cant wait until 13th December. I work from home. Is there any way I can speak to the engineer/installation team or get someone to come round and intsall now I have the cable from the street to thhe house? I dont seem to be getting anywhere on the phone.

Thank you

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Need an Installation Team

First thing - contact Sky and ask for a 30-day rolling extension on your contract.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Fluke32
Tuning in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you John, Im trying to get through to them now.

Matt

0 Kudos
newcustabc1
Dialled in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

If you can stay with Sky then do that and forget about Virgin.

If they need to do a cable pull then you are likely in for a very, very, very long wait.

My next "appointment" is 20 weeks after my initial "appointment".

Do not believe one word they tell you as it's all just lies.

0 Kudos
Fluke32
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Its the speed thats the issue with Sky. The fastest they can conect me to is 19mbps, mostly is 14. I live on the outskirts of a major town. For $5 more Virgin can give me 560mbps. The cable pull has already been done this afternoon.
0 Kudos
newcustabc1
Dialled in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ahh, that's the only reason I'm trying for Virgin as well. My available broadband connection is only guaranteed at 2.5 meg.

Now I'm starting to wish I had just signed up for that, better than 20 weeks with no internet.

0 Kudos
Fluke32
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

20 weeks is insane. Do you qualify for the £5 a day because they cant connect you?
0 Kudos
newcustabc1
Dialled in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I should be eligible for that. I'll need it, as it is currently costing me much more than that on expenses as I can't reliably work from home.

20 weeks is crazy, I just hope they can do it in that time. I get the feeling that it's just another made up date.

I tried raising a complaint 3 months ago today. They haven't even as much as tried to call me yet.

0 Kudos
Fluke32
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My troubles pale in comparison to yours, sorry you are going through that. I really hope someone sees this and sorts it out for you.
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Fluke32 wrote:
Its the speed thats the issue with Sky. The fastest they can conect me to is 19mbps, mostly is 14. I live on the outskirts of a major town. For $5 more Virgin can give me 560mbps. The cable pull has already been done this afternoon.

Are you in a decent 4G or 5G reception area.  Most of the networks have good deals.  For example Smarty ( on Three) offer an unlimited data SIM for £20 a month on  a rolling 30 day contract.  Just stick it in a MiFi router and that should tide you over.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos