cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving, Openreach

NK2Day
Joining in

I am moving to a new property which has bt openreach lines wired in 

when I search online I can’t find my new address, only those across the street.

i am unsure if I can get virgin or not in the new home as there appears to be a conflicting advice on whether virgin are now also using the open reach lines or not. I know they didn’t used to but there were some articles saying they do now

how can I definitively find out if I can move my services to the new address? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3

carl_pearce
Community elder

@NK2Day wrote:

I am moving to a new property which has bt openreach lines wired in 

when I search online I can’t find my new address, only those across the street.

i am unsure if I can get virgin or not in the new home as there appears to be a conflicting advice on whether virgin are now also using the open reach lines or not. I know they didn’t used to but there were some articles saying they do now

how can I definitively find out if I can move my services to the new address? Thanks

VM wouldn't use the same lines as it's a different, bespoke, network, however they could use the same physical ducting to pass the fibre/coax through.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM are using some Openreach ducting in areas where:

1) They are installing full fibre infrastructure, & 2) The ducting is suitable to patch across from their own infrastructure in the vicinity.

The vast majority of VM cable areas are HFC build & use coaxial cabling not fibre, making the smaller diameter Openreach ducting unsuitable for distribution purposes.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi NK2KDay,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community!

Has it been advised that we don't service the area you're moving into?

If not I'd advise to check our link here as it can advise whether we service the area.

Cheers,

Kain