Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Moving Home

Hi All 

so finally our house purchase went through and we now are about to move home !!!

we can't get hold of anyone at Virgin been trying the chat options been over 2 weeks no response !!!!

Pathetic from Virgin , can't call as saying we not vulnerable well we are a customer , also we work from home so without internet we will have no jobs !!!!!

can someone help me , how can we contact virgin 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Moving Home

Have you tried WEB CHAT

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

If you are going to use this for work, you could try calling Virgin Business for a line. It's a better supported service and they may be able to install your line.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Andrew2020 ,

If you want , I can get you £50 credit off your first bill if you PM me and Virgin Media will directly ring you to organise a deal with you. Feel free to PM me for any more queries. To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any personal info in this thread as it's public.
If I've helped in any way, please give me Kudos and mark my response as a helpful answer

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

@Morad_R did you forget to type a message 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew

I have sent you a PM regarding this.

I can get someone to call you if you reply back to me with the details i have asked for.

Regards

Derrick.

VM Employee who worked in the House Move Team

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Shocking service from virgin

Long story short VIRGIN you are a shocking service provider. 

you promised that you would install and be onsite Friday. We planned our entire home move to be in sync with the internet service. 

we work from home and need internet for our jobs. Now we will be loosing our only income during these hard times. 

you assured us a thousand times Friday will be fine and once confirmed we then arranged for our home move.  Now we will have nothing as just received a text saying they have rescheduled our install to next week !!!!!!!!!

i need to escalate this now 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shocking service from virgin

They normally turn up a few days to a few hours  before for a site assessment so they may have found a problem and thus rescheduled your install. Nothing can be done about this. You best bet is to ring customer services and ask them why they have rescheduled.

If you already have virgin cable then you most likely don't actually need an engineer but as with all services until attempted the service can't be guaranteed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Moving and all problems that have now followed

so lovely Virgin , has now gone and done one ever better now ...

last week we informed we were to move great no issues managed to get new engineer to go 1st May for new home install..  * this is where it all went down hill ..

so from there on we have been victims of virgins uselessness .

and here is what i have gone trough

-yesterday text update no engineer will come friday 1st may due to works needed to be done ! pushed to 8th ok will have to live with that !

now from last night midnight current home has been disconnected ?????

been on the phone from 830 spoken to 6 advisors then call dropped as they were transferring me ...

called back after 40 min wait same sceanrio and guess what dropped ..

i called for third time now 12 finally got all message across and dropped again ..

now the outcome was we can't re-connect your current home  (bear in mind i asked to move friday ) and if they managed to they will need to push the already planned new home install another week ??????

so from 1st May as planned then to 8th May as they can't do the works sooner ???

to oh we will give you a service in your current however your future install will be pushed even further ??

so I'm now with now internet , no able to work from home loosing my work will cause me a lot financial stress .....

I'm shocked that this can happen and no-one will help !!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Alessandro Volta
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Shocking service from virgin

Unfortunately it can’t be helped.

You just need to wait now.

If you think my answer has helped - please provide me with a Kudos rating and mark as Helpful Answer!!
I do not work for Virgin Media - all opinions expressed are of my own and all answers are provided from my own and past experiences.
Office 365, Dynamics CRM and Cloud Computing Jedi
0 Kudos