cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Making a complaint when not a customer

Rhodd3rz
Joining in

Not sure if this is being posted in the correct place. Hopefully someone from Virgin Media reads it.

How do I make a complaint when I'm not a Virgin customer? When I call customer services I get asked for an account number which I don't have so can't proceed.

Virgin Media have installed a box on my property without permission and which we never asked for. There is damage to two walls and the garden.

Can someone point me in the right direction to lodge a complaint?

Thanks.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The problem here is that it basically offers a number of ways of raising a complaint, web form, phone in, text, etc.And what do you suppose the first thing that they will all ask for? Indeed you can't even complain on the web as it immediately asks you to log in with your my.virginmedia.com account details!

So @Rhodd3rz, what I would suggest is that you immediately go and take photos of the offending new box and any damage done to your property. Then wait on here for a member of the forum team to get to this thread and offer to contact you directly to get some details and they'll take it from there.

Just to set expectations though, all they can realistically do is to pass the job onto the relevant local manager in the hope that they get someone sent out to rectify it. This is by no means guaranteed to happen in a timely manner, you may well have to end up going legal on it.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

The problem here is that it basically offers a number of ways of raising a complaint, web form, phone in, text, etc.And what do you suppose the first thing that they will all ask for? Indeed you can't even complain on the web as it immediately asks you to log in with your my.virginmedia.com account details!

So @Rhodd3rz, what I would suggest is that you immediately go and take photos of the offending new box and any damage done to your property. Then wait on here for a member of the forum team to get to this thread and offer to contact you directly to get some details and they'll take it from there.

Just to set expectations though, all they can realistically do is to pass the job onto the relevant local manager in the hope that they get someone sent out to rectify it. This is by no means guaranteed to happen in a timely manner, you may well have to end up going legal on it.

Thanks for the reply. 

I did get on a WhatsApp chat, most likely with AI, and was told to expect a call from the Fields Team within 48 hours. That was a week ago and no one has been in touch. So it looks like my best bet is someone from the forum team see's this thread and responds.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Unfortunately this is entirely normal for Virginmedia. Anything that requires actual work has a very low priority. 

It may just help to get a response if you post a picture of the installed box and the damage here. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.