Menu
dwplease
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Lost internet and TV this morning

Hi,

I’m currently working from home w/ the Gig1 package - this morning at 10:45am I lost internet and TV connection. There was an engineer working at a neighbour’s property at the same time. Got an engineer coming on Friday morning but can anything else be done? Status when logged into router shows ‘no RF signal detected’ and the logs don’t load - see screenshots. 

Also can I be credited for loss of service please? 

B458D7B0-1089-4638-A4F9-72CBA3A5AD64.png

3B993EF7-E495-4B54-989C-4108668B70D7.jpeg

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Lost internet and TV this morning

HI dwplease, thanks for contacting us, we are sorry to hear that you are having issues with broadband and TV connection. You mention that an engineer was coming out to look in to this, can you confirm how it went and if you are still having issues with the service? ^Chris

0 Kudos
dwplease
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I’m happy to say it was fixed in <10 minutes when your engineer came out on Friday. She went out to the cabinet and re-connected us. The engineer visiting my neighbour had disconnected 8 properties on the Wednesday. There were loads of other vans on the street on Friday for the same thing.

This is very disappointing because I had been out and spoken to the first engineer on Wednesday after he disconnected us, along with a neighbour. He still left the job despite us (very politely) pointing out what he had done. I have no issue with him making a mistake, but to leave the site without remedying it is very poor. 

As a result I’ve had to make a complaint no. COM104099697. We lost significant earnings as my wife was unable to work that day, and have only been offered a derisory £10 credit. 

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You won't get recompense for loss of earnings on a residential contract, and any compensation is just for loss of service. If your internet is important I recommend a backup such as a 4G data-only SIM and a MiFi router. You could opt for the VM business broadband but you need to be aware that it uses exactly the same network as you now have.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
jamesofmerton
Super solver
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

as roger correctly says and from virgins terms and conditions.

'Internet access is for private use by you and members of your household. It must not be used for any activities not reasonably expected of someone using internet access for domestic purposes, for example whilst a reasonable amount of working from home is expected, your usage should be within what would be reasonably expected from a residential customer and we have no liability for any business losses you may suffer. We have other more appropriate packages such as Homeworks, and for small business use there are services provided for by Virgin Media Business'.

0 Kudos
Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

HI dwplease, we would not credit for loss of earnings or time and this is covered in the liability section of the terms and conditions. The £10 which was offered would likely be for the poor experience which you have had. Chris 

0 Kudos