cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keep dropping connections (WiFi and Wired)

darren-w-gray
On our wavelength

Evening Everyone,

So - I am trying to understand where I am dropping both Wired and WiFi connections. I was originally having problems with my Hub3 (on it's own running router mode) dropping connections on the WiFi. I presumed it was the age of my route and the fact I was using a Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ (so able to run on 802.11ax). 

Did my research, bought a TP-Link Archer AX50, thought it would solve things. It' only highlighted that I also have connection drops on my wired network as well. I have since tried every combination of

• Modem Mode for the Hub3,
  • Router Mode with the AX50 in AP mode,
  • WiFi only running of one or the other (and 2.4 on one 5 on the other) 
  • I have checked the connections are tight

None of these seem to make a difference.

It happens probably once an hour to once every 2 hours when I am at home, any time of day or night (I work shifts, I can be waking up at 2am and it will do it) - I can be sure that i will be in the middle of a WiFi Calling call on my mobile and it will drop.

I wonder if anyone has any ideas?

Currently, using the Hub3 in Router Mode with WiFi off - AX50 in AP Mode with WiFi on; these are the 'runners and riders' based on what I think you like to see.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

BQM: 

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/aead1fad04adbb4103f5298c9da39a7360...

My Broadband Ping - VM Router Mode

Current set-up: SH3 in Router Mode - TP Link Archer AX50 in AP Mode - M350 Fibre / Maxit TV - Talk Weekends (Now via the SH3 -which is great in a power cut)
22 REPLIES 22

Hey darren-w-gray, thank you getting back to me. I am sorry to see the issues is still there but I am also happy to hear its not as bad as it was.

Okay I am taken a look into the account and everything seems fine on our end. It could be you might need another pod or in your case the TP link.

I would be more than happy to do some digging into this for you, so I will send you a PM.

Please look out for the purple envelope. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Hi Matt.

Thanks for getting back to me. I originally bought the TP Link router because I was having the same issue when it was purely the SH3 in router mode.

So I proffer doubt that it is that causing the issue.

I will persevere with it as it now is the best it has been in a few months.

My Broadband Ping - VM Router Mode

Current set-up: SH3 in Router Mode - TP Link Archer AX50 in AP Mode - M350 Fibre / Maxit TV - Talk Weekends (Now via the SH3 -which is great in a power cut)

Hi darren-w-gray,

Thank you for getting back to us. 

We just wanted to get in touch and see how things have been since your last post? Are you still seeing improvements? 

Thanks,

Nat