Menu
Highlighted
Karl1987
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just ordered the big bundle- M200 Fibre Broadband,

Does virgin phone line connect to a master socket or does the fibre have its own phone line? I have a bt master socket in my box room upstairs, or is virgin completely independent? Cheers.

0 Kudos
Andruser
Problem sorter
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Just ordered the big bundle- M200 Fibre Broadband,

Completely separate to all other networks.  Make sure you get the installer to put kit where you want it, because it is a £99 charge for any subsequent changes.  For big changes that can be great value, to move it from room A to room B, perhaps not.

And I hope you read the Trustpilot reviews on Virgin Media before signing up?  When it works, Virgin Media is great but pricey (outside your new customer discount), if there's problems...well, just read the reviews.

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

New installs come with the telephone connection through a port on the Hub 3.0 broadband router.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Karl1987
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So the bt master socket upstairs won’t even be needed or used by virgin? As I don’t want to move everything out the way to get to it if it’s not needed, cheers 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Andruser
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

In theory the installer could use SOME of the existing sockets, in practice I doubt they would.  I've had an unused BT socket on the wall for 25 years because it wasn't visible and wasn't causing any problems.

Highlighted
Karl1987
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So would they run a new socket to the front room where the box would be? Just trying to get clues up before installation, had the lads here today with the fibre cable to the house 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karl1987

The phone would be plugged in to the back of the hub 3.0 as per the post from @Ernie_C above

Kindest regards,

David_Bn 

0 Kudos