Menu
lovejit1992
Tuning in
Message 1 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Isolator cable damaged

Hi , I just noticed that my isolator cable connecting the splitter to the hub is damaged and has the copper wire coming out also my speed has dropped to about a third. I can't seem to find a simple answer in how I can get a replacement sent out. 

I did try phoning but I know what the issue is and have not been able to get into touch with anyone. 

Could someone help me.

Many thanks.

theinternetguy
Dialled in
Message 2 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Re: Isolator cable damaged

I have flagged the post so someone from VM may pick up quicker. 

0 Kudos
lovejit1992
Tuning in
Message 3 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi thanks for that , I went through all the options it suggested on the phone and the problem is still the same and then they disconnected the line?

What kind of service is this when you can't even speak to anyone unless you're leaving them.

Corey_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for post and welcome to the community forums, lovejit1992,

Have you been able to get this sorted since your post?

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
lovejit1992
Tuning in
Message 5 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hello I had an engineer come over but my internet is still disconnecting. Could anyone help ?

0 Kudos
lovejit1992
Tuning in
Message 6 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Screenshot_20210404-175252_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210404-175249_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210404-175237_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210404-175234_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210404-175229_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210404-175224_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20210404-175210_Chrome.jpg

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lovejit,

Thanks for reaching back out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you are still facing issues. I have had a look our end and can see all your downstream power levels are out of sync.

I have booked a technician as this is required, you can view and change the appointment via your online account under Help then my appointments?

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos
lovejit1992
Tuning in
Message 8 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Ok someone came to my house and replaced the old hub3 with hub 4. This still hasn't resolved my problem as I am still having very big fluctuations in speeds. My speed was always stable before when I had an isolator cable connected via a splitter to the coaxial cable coming from outside. Ever since that cable snapped I have been having these problems. These technicians have now plugged the coaxial cable directly into the hub and I think this must be causing the issue. I have attached a broadband quality monitor link and can see something is not right. I am getting a lot of errors on the main hub page which doesn't seem right. The technician also I think has cancelled the appointment that was booked for Saturday. Could someone please help me get someone competent to hep sort this out as this is ridiculous. I would have been better of going into my garage and finding the spare isolator cable and fixing it myself instead of having to rely on some engineers who in my opinion don't even know what they are doing.

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/e84339d895481874dbc2baa20533aec48262721e

Capture5.PNGCapture4.PNGcapture3.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture.PNG

0 Kudos
Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hi lovejit1992, 

Thanks for coming back to us and updating us on how things are going. 

Checking things at this end, the power levels, SNR and timeouts are all good and where they should be. There is nothing to suggest that anything is wrong. 

Can you let me know how you are currently connecting to the internet? I've not been able to see the graph as the picture isn't loading for some reason. Can you post a screenshot of it for me instead?

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

lovejit1992
Tuning in
Message 10 of 24
Flag for a moderator

Hello Kathy,

Thanks for responding. I am connecting my laptop through ethernet and phone through WIFI. Please find attached pictures as requested. I would greatly appreciate a response as soon as possible. As this back and forth with customer service over phone is driving me mad.

Many thanks,

Regards.

thinkbroadband track.PNGCapture1.PNGCapture.PNG

0 Kudos