Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Internal socket location

Hi,

i am due to have an engineer set up my service later this week as I was informed that I could not use quick start as the room that I wanted my router located is in a different room to my old wall socket.

I would like to have the internal wall socket and router located in the back bedroom as a wired connection to my pc would be ideal. Would this Be an issue for the engineer or are you able to get a new wall socket installed anywhere you want. I don’t want to move  things around in the bedroom to make space only to learn that is impossible to install it in there.

any replies are appreciated, thanks!

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Internal socket location

How can any one possibly reply in detail to this. The basic rule is that the VM installation teams will not work at height, but they will be able to get to first floor level. If you have a house they will run a cable from the street point up to your house and round the back if necessary and then up to the first floor provided they are working on an external wall and it is safe for them to do so. If there is an existing outside installation they can extend this to where you want it to go so that they don't have to run a cable from the street to your house. They can use the existing one.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos