cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intelligent pods set up problems

BlackpooLWelsh
Joining in

My Intelligent WiFi pods arrived yesterday and have plugged it in and left it but white light keeps glowing on and off, which means it has not set up. Have tried in plug next to router and still no joy. Spoke to customer services and was told that someone from IT would call me but no one has as yet.  It says if having problems to reset them but I can't find any information on how to do that. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

…then the WiFi Pod is not correctly associated with your Hub and you will need to call in to get this fixed or wait here until Virgin Media staff respond, possibly in a couple of days.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The first check is to confirm that your broadband Hub is correctly configured.

The Hub must be configured in Router Mode with a single SSID covering both the 2.4 and 5 GHz WiFi bands.

In addition, Intelligent WiFi must be configured by enabling Channel Optimisation in the Router settings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

That's all correct but still no joy

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

…then the WiFi Pod is not correctly associated with your Hub and you will need to call in to get this fixed or wait here until Virgin Media staff respond, possibly in a couple of days.

Spoke to someone at call centre and waiting for a 2nd line call from tech help, still no joy with pod. Being sent another one but would have like the call that i have been promised to try and sort out the one i already have.

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Call the equipment activation number they may be able to help. It's 0800 953 9500 and you will need the Hub serial number/MAC address from the barcode sticker, and your account number.

Also make sure the Hub and Pod are in close proximity until they are paired.  Once done you can move the Pod, but not to a black spot.  The Pods still need to communicate to the Hub or they will not work.  They should be placed halfway between the Hub and the black spot.  If this distance is too far from the Hub, you will need an additional Pod to relay the signal.

Contacted the number you mentioned, they have said there is a fault with my line and thats probably the reason that the pod wont connect, engineer is coming on thursday to hopefully sort the problem with the line and the pod

Hi @BlackpooLWelsh
Sorry to hear you've had issues with your pod. I have check our system and can see that the tech has been and the issue looks resolved at our end. Is that the case at your end also? Please let us know if you are having any further issue and we'll investigate this for you. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

All sorted now, still have a dead spot in attic and would like another pod if possible for 1st floor. Can you organise that or is there a number I should call

Hi BlackpooLWelsh,

Glad to hear things have been sorted 🙂

I've had a look at things from our side today and can see you've been able to contact us again since posting.

If you do still need help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm