cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation

RobynM98
Joining in

I originally ordered Virgin M100 in mid December, My original installation date was January 22th, As the days went on the service request kept rolling onto the next day and then the day before the installation it was cancelled, It was then moved to the 2nd of February and the same thing happened again the service request date just kept rolling and then the installation was cancelled the day before it was meant to take place. It has now been booked for the 18th of February but I fear the same thing is happening again. I am unsure what to do at this point as it seems to just keep getting pushed back and I have now been without any internet since mid January. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this comment I have posted before. The installation process works fine for most new customers - when it doesnt it is an omnishambles

Can you connect to OR,Sky, BT etc - or a 4G/5G service - perhaps on a 30-day contract? Three and Smarty have a 30day 4G unlimited package for £20 (or less on a deal). If so, do it now and just let the VM install run its course. You will pay nothing until VM's service is installed and operational.

When it finally happens, you have 14 days in which to cancel it at no cost to yourself and keep the other service. Or, if VM is working to your satisfaction, keep it and cancel the other service (hence better if you took a 30-day contract).

See John’s excellent precis in message 18 of this thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Multiple-Failed-Installations-zero-commun...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
See this comment I have posted before. The installation process works fine for most new customers - when it doesnt it is an omnishambles

Can you connect to OR,Sky, BT etc - or a 4G/5G service - perhaps on a 30-day contract? Three and Smarty have a 30day 4G unlimited package for £20 (or less on a deal). If so, do it now and just let the VM install run its course. You will pay nothing until VM's service is installed and operational.

When it finally happens, you have 14 days in which to cancel it at no cost to yourself and keep the other service. Or, if VM is working to your satisfaction, keep it and cancel the other service (hence better if you took a 30-day contract).

See John’s excellent precis in message 18 of this thread

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/Multiple-Failed-Installations-zero-commun...

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi RobynM98, thanks for the message and sorry to hear that you are having issues with the installation. We do not like faults but do aim to get them resolved as soon as we can and when a installation is keyed we assume that the cables are there, it is not until the installation which we come across these issues. We will be working hard to resolve this and hopefully we can have you installed by your new installation date. All services are subject to availability ^Chris.

Thanks for replys, I just want to know if it can be re-looked into or as i said if multiple houses want Fibre can this be reconsidered and actioned. I currently have fastest land line internet but want a fibre connection. I believe Gigaclear and BT fibre will come to our area at some point, but as estate has Virgin seems ridiculous i cannot access this service.

Thanks A

Hi AH8,

Thank you for reaching back out, we are sorry to hear you are unable to have our services, I advise yourself and anyone else on your side of the road to register your Interest here, the more people the more chance we will be able to install the services.

Regards

Paul. 

Thanks, Will get people to register interest.

Regards A