Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Installation

39348FD3-EEC6-4E11-8D9A-A4F838CA7C94.jpeg

22139680-B8C2-412E-94A0-8DDB5503F380.jpeg

I’ve just moved into this property and wanting to get broadband set up 
I have ordered a self installation package I’m just wondering if I’ll need an engineer or not 

there is a technetix TRIS-1002L in my living room 

and an ntl phone port 

is this the correct equipment I need in my house or do I need an engineer 

Thankyou 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation

Hi,

Have you managed to resolve this yet? If not I might be able to help - but may require account and area reference details If you still have an issue send me a private message.

I will need to test your services remotely.

To PM me, just hover over my profile picture and click Send Message when the option comes up. Please don't post any personal info in this thread as it's public.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi,

Yes that's the right equipment. You should be good to go, assuming there's signal to the property. You'll get full instructions with the kit so it will all make sense when it arrives.

Please hit the Kudos thumb to say thanks and mark answer as Helpful if the reply has helped at all

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

Highlighted
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Plug the cable into your hub (or splitter if you have a hub and a V6). As a new customer you get landline from the hub by using the supplied RJ11 to BT adapter plugged into the hub's TEL 1, so the old NTL socket is of no use.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection