cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation woes

daveedjackson
On our wavelength

Anyone spot the issue?

so I was at the property as I’m mid renovation. And noticed there were contractors digging up some of the pavement. Pretty certain it was Virgin Media, or the connectors doing the first part. Hmmm, 

[MOD EDIT: Image removed as requested]

16 REPLIES 16

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @daveedjackson

I am really sorry that we are currently unable to install services in your flat. I understand how frustrating it must be for you to see customers in your building with Virgin Media services, but unfortunately we are unable to provide for your flat at the moment.

If you wish to raise a complaint about this, please let me know and I would be happy to raise this for you.

Kind regards,

Serena

I would like to. Because fundamentally you could could have called me before classifying it as unserviceable. Which is clearly is not. It’s appalling customer service. No accountability for the idiot sitting behind a desk who classified it as such. Because it literally is super obvious when everyone else has the service, on the same floor and below me. You don’t dig the road up every time a new customer wants to join. So it makes zero sense. Shocking service all round. You made a mistake and yet nothing in place to fix it. Just disgusting, it’s unfair. 

It's true that they don't dig up the road for every customer, they do need to install a cable for every customer unless you have a communal cabling system (but if you did, they wouldn't need to do construction...)

So it's quite possible that someone has declined permission to install another cable, or VM have decided that installing a new cable is a violation of some rule, even if there is already such cables on the building.

daveedjackson
On our wavelength

na, it's not that. The costs were all approved on the 17th, they called me to tell me that. It just so happens that two days later it was pulled, and my entire order cancelled.  Two digs required from cabinet all the way. Nothing to do with permissions either, as they were all given. So I'm one customer who required a cable from cabinet to property. Like I said, connections all over the building. If I choose a different flat number I am offered all of the services. Putting cable from the street to the flat, or from the junction box to the flat, required no dig. So it's a pile of poop. The irritating thing is there is apparently no way for virgin to flag or correct their mistake. So balls to them. One less customer. Mind you maybe I dodged a bullet. Not only are these forums full of complaints and unhappy customers, but the preinstall team are renowned for being imbeciles. Literally screwing folk over. So many it's a blessing in diguise. But I will be formal complaining and taking it as high as I can. It's really poor customer service frankly.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @daveedjackson

I am really sorry for the frustration your cancelled installation has caused, and for the mixed messages you received about having our services installed at your property.

I would like to raise a complaint for you regarding this, I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required. Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right corner and get back to me when you can 🙂

I'm sorry to hear that you feel you may have dodged a bullet by not having our services, that is not the impression we want to give at all.

Kind regards,

Serena

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

@Serena_C

It's understood that sometimes an installation may become too difficult or too costly to complete - that's a simple commercial decision.  But to leave the potential customer hanging with no explanation is just not acceptable. 

I would hope that this complaint might lead to some improvement in communication, both within VM and out to customers. But somehow I doubt it.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for post Jpeg1

Serena is messaging with the customer to raise a complaint regarding this.

Zoie