Menu
victophil
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Installation way too far away

Hello,

I moved to my new flat this weekend. I registered with Virgin Media to have fiber internet to my flat. They asked me to pick between two dates for the installation (I chose Tuesday 6/10 and Wednesday 7/10). I got an email confirmation that I'm set for 2/11, that's almost a month after my selected dates!

What happened, is that a mistake? This installation date way too far away for me. I need to have an internet connection for my work (and as per my work's policy I'm not allowed to use a hotspot/4G). Unfortunately, without a connection I must go to the office which I would rather not.

I don't have too much time to contact support over the phone (especially with the 60 min queue).

What's the solution?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Installation way too far away

Accept it as it is,

or

Persevere on the phone

or

Go to another ISP,

or

Ask a neighbour if you can share for a while.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
victophil
Just joined
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi MikeRobbo. Thanks for your answer!

Option 3 isn't possible, nobody has fiber at the same speed, option 4 isn't possible either (again, work policy reasons). I will go ahead and do option 2. There's a virgin media shop not too far away, I guess I can go there and that it will take less time than on the phone?

Anyway, thanks a bunch.
0 Kudos
Z92
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Do you already have a virgin connection in your flat? If not then that might be why the long delay if it requires external work and possibly permission from the landlord.

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

and all VM shops have now closed so thats a no go

Tony
0 Kudos