Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation to new build

Joining in


I recently bought a new build property and it says in the postcode checker that the area is not serviceable. However, the road I live on is serviced by virgin media but because we don’t have the same postcode it’s not coming up. I can’t seem to find the right person to talk to about this, I’ve tried calling virgin media, contacting online and all the shops they had are now closed. 

Can someone help me on this matter?

Thanks I’m advance.


Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

A VM person will respond in a day or two and check for you.

In the meantime, was this a one-off new build or is it on a new "estate" ?

If an estate, the builders usually partner with VM or OR to install the infrastructure during the build phase.   Do you have any VM or OR boxes fitted internally or externally?

Do any of your immediate neighbours in a new build have VM (or OR)?


I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 1 WiFi, 1 on PA) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On 250Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Hi John,

It is a one off new build, it’s at the end of a cul-de-sac which for 75% of it is called ‘a certain road name’ then the rest is called ‘A different road name’. So the 75% have their own postcode and the remaining 25% have a different postcode, different addresses all together, imagine the confusion in courier companies 🙄

Could clarify more using the actual names and postcode so you could see on a map, but I rather not give out personal details on a public forum.

Now in the first 18 flats(75%), divided into 3 separate buildings they have virgin, the rest (25%) don’t, which is the two following buildings afterwards, one with 4 flats and the newest where I live with 2.

None of the 25% have virgin brown boxes. Only BT telephone lines.


Hi @Tony2022


Thank you for your post and welcome to our community.


I will send you a private message so I can get some further details from you.


Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of the page and pop me a reply when you can.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide