cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation service is an absolute joke!

andywolfy
Tuning in

I am now on my 5th install date and no closer to getting connected. Is it worth the hassle?

They have dug past my linving room and layed trunking to run the cable to the far end of the property and loop it back around the building to the living room. I told them when they marked up for the work not to put it there, but to run it straight in towards the living room. I even told them not to do any work until they had spoken to me.

They completely ignored me and did what they wanted.

I had to almost scream down the phone to get them to listen and send someone to my property, who agreed it makes more sense to put the trunking where I want it and promised it would be sorted.

They have now rescheduled twice because no-one has been to put a 6 foot length of trunking in the road!

Every time I speak to someone I am fobbed off with empty promises. It is 10 weeks since I ordered broadband and I have had nothing but hassle from Virgin Media so far. What confidence am I supposed to have that this shower of **bleep**e will be able to provide a decent broadband connection?

47 REPLIES 47

Phone call from 03454541111 @ 14:33 on Wednesday 15th September.

Still waiting for the letter.

I am sorry it did not go how we hoped @andywolfy .

In regards to the return visit to remove the cable and conduit.  I would imagine this is going to be an ad-hoc appointment, sorry.

Regards

Lee

In my experience everything with VM is ad-hoc.

To be honest I don't care anymore. When I get chance to get to the post office they will be sent a letter with a deadline for removal. This is primarily to allow time for them to reroute the cable to next door and minimise disruption to their service.

If they haven't done the work by the deadline I will remove the cable, conduit and connection point my self with no further notice being given to VM, and I will not be held liable for any disruption caused at that point.

That will be the end of the matter and good riddens to Virgin Media!

Z92
Trouble shooter

I very much doubt they'll actually remove it, and considering the only connection points are at your house and at the cabinet, you'll have fun trying to do the same. You typically have to cut the cable to be able to remove it from your property, and for that you may well need a hacksaw as it's tough cable.

You're more than likely correct and I don't expect they will remove it either. However, the cable is quite easy to cut and conduit is nothing more than a bit of plastic pipe.

The bigger job will be digging it out of the road. And before anyone tells me I can't do that I live on a private road. The road and pavement outside my house are within my property boundary, clearly shown on my title deeds.

I WILL remove the cables, conduit and connection point, all of which fall within my property boundary!

You seem to want to go to massive lengths to inconvenience your neighbour

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences

Try reading the rest of this thread. Time will be given for VM to reroute the neighbours cable in order to MINIMISE DISRUPTION TO THEIR SERVICE!

I have stated this clearly in prior posts.

I don't know how to turn off this thread. Admins can you disable comments please? There is nothing more to add to this.

Just seems a bit petty that's all.  A duct berried about a foot under the ground isnt causing an inconvenience to you even if you have had issues with an install yourself.  But threatening to cut your neighbour off remembering they may work from home, need landline for emergency services etc just seems like a lack of respect on your part for something thats not getting in your way 

I work for VMO2 but all opinions are my own and are based on my own experiences