cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation getting delayed, no one comes to do the works.

Eniorodriig
Tuning in

Hi there.

I've signed up to virgin media as a new costumer and I've been having a god damn awful experience.

Having moved to a new flat, I've been waiting for over a month to get someone to do the installation, it has been delayed once and i have another installation booked for 2 June and i already know this is getting delayed again!

A pole installation is required to get the cable into my flat, I've been calling virgin every 3 or 4 days to try and get someone to come and do the works and i keep getting told that they don't have a date yet to come and do the works. I've been promised that I'd be cc"d on an email that would be sent to a field manager requesting the works to be done urgently but this never happened, i was also promised the pre install manager would call last week and i got nothing!

Unfortunately i also get no phone reception at my new place , so im stuck at the flat with no services, once a contract is signed and agreed with virgin they've just seemed to not care what happens afterwards. I work from home and have to go over to my partners parents house to do work for the past month.

Through out the past month I've been told that i cannot get services at my new place and then i was told that i could, then they weren't sure and after a survey i was told and promised that i can get services but the pole needs to be installed. This was over two weeks a go. I understand if works have to been done, what i didn't expect was for no help at all whenever i call the team and the fact that no one seems to care for the engineers to come out and actually do the work required.

As mentined in 3 days my installation is due and lets be honest, no one will come out to do the works as i called this last Saturday for an update and they still had no date to come out and install the pole. The installation will get delayed for another two weeks and it'll keep going as I'm left again without services which i cannot bare to go without for any longer. I keep getting offered 100£ account credit and i have to remind them that i just want my services to be installed by the 2nd of June.

Hopefully one of reps here is able to escalate this somehow so that i can finally get my services.

Appreciate any help.

Regards

Enio

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

You must be getting to the point where you are tempted to tell VM exactly where they can position their pole installation. 

I assume you are contacting the pre-installation team on 0800 052 1734? 

All the VM forum team can do is send an email to the area field manager. 

You may wish to start a complaint and consider no commitment fall back options like a 5g modem from 3.

Hi there,

Thanks for the comment.

Definitely frustrating with how slow virgin media is dealing with this, I'll also open a complaint aswell.

Regards

Enio

Hi Enio, welcome back to the community! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear of your poor experience re-joining us and getting set up in your new property. 

Sadly as advised by Cardiffman281 we are a little limited with the support we can offer for Pre-installation issues. 

You can speak to the pre-installation team on 0800 052 1734. 

As you have already been liaising with the team they will be best placed to offer further support with this, sincerest apologies for any mixed messaging so far regarding if the property is serviceable or not. 

Since your posting have you had further contact from the Pre-install or Executive team regarding your situation and complaint? Hopefully they are able to offer insight, support and an update. 

Please do let us know if this is not the case and we will send you a PM to confirm a few details so we can chase this internally for you. 

All the best! 

Molly