Menu
mfrance
Just joined
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Installation delayed

I have just moved house and am transfering my service accross to my new house.

I have spent hours on the phone trying to get information and help.

I had the external team scheduled for 02/01/2021. No one arrived to complete this and I was not informed the work was not completed. Someone turned up on 07/01/2021 and spoke to my partner. He said he was unable to complete this because he did not have a long enough drill bit to drill from the pavement though into my property. He informed us that he has rescheduled for this to be done within the next 3/4 days and I could see the appointment for this to be done today 10/01/2021. This was not completed. The external team appointment was then changed to 12/01/2021. This happens to be the same day as my original installation date. I rang Virgin and was told that a note was being placed on my account to ensure that the external team arrived before the internal team so that there was no issues.

I have now recieved a phone call to say that the instalation and internal team will now not come until the 26/01/2021 and that the external team has been rescheduled for the 14/01/2021. This means I will now have to go a further 2 weeks without any broadband. We are in a pandemic and I should be working from home but am unable due to the fact this work is not getting completed. I have mentioned this to the people I have spoken to from virgin and they always seem to ignore this. Everytime I speak to anyone from virgin, I get no help and just get transfered around different teams and no one seems to be able to answer my questions or assist me.

I am disgusted with the lack of service that has been provided and the inadequate customer service

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation delayed

you just need to keep at them on the phone but dont expect much - at best the departments dont talk to each other and the external contractors dont either 

but to some degree you have answered your own question and VM are using that point hard and long

We are in a pandemic

it will happen as and when - until then you need to make other plans if you need the internet

Tony
0 Kudos