Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Installation delayed twice - more info?

Hey,

Our installation was due on June 6th but after an engineer visited a few days before (who placed a green marker on the edge of the property's boundary) I was informed the installation had been delayed by a few weeks due to external work being required.

The new installation date was tomorrow (22 June), but have received another email this morning informing me this has now been delayed until 20 July.

I understand there can be delays, particularly when dealing with separate infrastructure, but is there any way I can find out what the delay is - i.e. is it because work is required on the pavement and awaiting council approval, or something else?

Thank you

Dominic

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation delayed twice - more info?

Cant help directly but a VM person may get you more info - but it does sound like the usual "waiting for council to say yes" reason. Just dont cancel any existing services until after the VM has been installed and is working to your satisfaction in their 14 day no-penalty cancellation period. Paying for 2 services for a few weeks is a small price to pay for continued connection - remember - the 20th of July date is not really guaranteed either - could be later.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Have a look at https://one.network/ (you need to register there but it's free to view more than 2 weeks ahead) and select the "roadworks layer" with the "traffic impact" set to all works. Does it show any roadworks right outside where you live (click on the roadwork listed to see if it's virgin media)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hey

Had a look and registered to see further in advance, but there is nothing scheduled for my road.

I also just found out from my neighbour opposite that they are installing Virgin Media too, and the engineer told them they were due to install ours today so they would assess their house while they were installing ours. But that was on Friday and I received the delay notification on Sunday morning.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Managed to call and speak to two people, but they weren't able to offer much more than an apology and to say there aren't any notes about why the installation date has been moved (they mentioned something about pulling some cables through?)

They did give me an e-mail address for the Virgin Media construction team to contact them though.

Not the greatest start - and our neighbour has said if their date is delayed too they'll just give up and use BT instead.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the same boat myself. Had construction work done, had my installation delayed twice and now apparently more construction work needs to be done? Why wasn't it done/completed when the first construction crew were here? doesn't even make any sense what so ever, absolutely crazy.

I don't work for Virgin Media, all my opinions are my own.
10 years in IT. Web Developer.
0 Kudos