Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Installation date keeps changing - external work needed, no action, terrible service and comms

I signed up for an install from Virginmedia which was originally due to take place on 6th April. The date was moved as there are no cable outside my house (i am in a bungalow on a small estate- neighbours have virgin but cables need re routing outside). Explained all this to engineers, on a pre install inspection visit.

Now date keeps getting changed, new pore inspection arranged, engineers visit and see the problem, I get told not to worry we have a great team that can do the external work, it will all be taken care of.

Then nothing happens and on the installation date I get an email with a new installation date. This has happened several times now, so next date is mid June, 10 weeks after it was supposed to happen.

I have tried to explain issue to Virgin on the phone but its as if different teams are not communicating with each other. 

Do i just give up?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 2 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation date keeps changing - external work needed, no action, terrible service and comms

I should add that when I do get through on the phone I am told the external work has been done - which it clearly clearly hasn't.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation date keeps changing - external work needed, no action, terrible service and comms

Hi new-customer,

I would like to apologise for the installation delay and that it keeps changing. Have you registered for an online account to see if the new date has been set? When a property hasn't been cabled, our Pre-Installs Team take a look and see what needs to be done and whether the cabling can be completed. I can see that this has been successfully completed and the install has been arranged. Please let me know if you can see the new date on your account as we can go through security and confirm this for you if not.

Thanks,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Lisa

thank you. The problem is the that the 'pre install team' keep saying the cabling has been completed, when no work has been done externally at all. This happens every time. Then a new date is set for installation. Then a couple of days before installation I get a call from a pre install engineer to check if everything is ready, which of course it isn't , as nothing has been done, because Virgon's system says it has been. Then a new installation date gets set....and so on.

What needs to happen is that a cable needs to be brought up to outside my property. We are in a small estate, off street. My neighbours have cables but these would need to be run either underground or in conduit to  my house. Ive explains this so many times on the phone and in person to engineers on site who also can see the problem.

I would still like an installation but am beginning to have serious doubts about the competency of the company.

best

Michael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the information, I'll pop you over a private message with some security questions so that we can then go through and double check what's happening for you.

Please respond to this by going to the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Thank you, Emily.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 6 of 19
Flag for a moderator

This keeps happening to me, I can’t tell you how frustrating it is! They even got the permit to dog outside the address and then never dug the pavement up.

I am expecting the next installation date to be moved as well! Really not happy.  If it gets moved again I’m cancelling and going with BT or another provider which will actually connect me as I have no internet at all at the moment.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jamesom92,

Have you been informed of a new date for your install yet? I have been able to locate your account and can provide you with more information but we would need to do this via a private message.

Please let me know if you need me to do this?

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Please could you update me.

The new installation date is 23rd September 8am-1pm

Stockport Council granted the permit 12-15th September (no works was carried out).

original installation date was 21st August, then 8th September.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me @Jamesom92, you have given most of the information that I have for you and no need to now go into a private message.

I just want to add that the new install date is set on the day that for you as a two man install team is needed to complete your install and that is the first available date for a two man team in your area that we could book after we had been given the correct permissions and could carry out the pre-install work.

The team are taking longer to get through their normal workload due to social distancing regulations that make jobs take much longer to complete.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 19
Flag for a moderator

Can you guarantee that I will be connected on 23rd September now that the permit to dig the road has expired?  Will they get a new one in time and will they dig the road, rod and wire the house up and set up the modem all in the same day on the 23rd?

I honestly can’t imagine then doing it as it is separate teams that do the excavating and ducting, connecting the cable and setting it up indoors.

hoping not to have wasted a 3rd day of annual leave waiting in for the connection not to happen... 

0 Kudos