cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation - External Work Continual Delays - Can't work please help

JamieMarshall
Tuning in

Hope you can help. Any suggestions around how I can get VirginMedia to resolve my External Engineering issues. 

Following numerous calls / texts / emails, I have found out that they can't sort out the external engineering work as "there is a parked car over the pit". After more than 20 failed engineering appointments, this is still not being resolved, I have complained and suggested that parking will always be an issue as I live in Brighton - but they could easily get a parking suspension from the Council to enable the work to go ahead. I get no response or feedback on why they are not resolving this. 

To be clear, I work from home and so have now been unable to do my job for 25 days - leading to my job now being at risk. I have explained this but again no response / priority or anything. 

I have also received numerous promises / commitments that the work will be done but it never is. 

Does anyone have any suggestions for getting some action / response on this ? Very disappointing and really makes me think that VirginMedia don't want new customers. 

6 REPLIES 6

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Would it be possible for yourself or a neighbour to park over the pit so when the technician arrives the car can be moved?

Unfortunately, the Engineer has never spoken to me directly and so I don't know where the pit actually is. I checked with the council and on completion of a simple form plus £50 fee they will suspend parking for a day. I suggested this on my complaint but have had no response on why they haven't done it. It sounds as though they are trying to save the £50 but complete false economy with over 20 missed engineering appointments (which presumably has a cost to them) and considerable cost to me around employment. 

Thanks  

If your job is at risk, consider (at least) a temporary fix in.  Can you piggy back on a neigbour's wifi with their permission?  If there's halfway decent mobile coverage, what about a 3G/4G (mobile) router and data only SIM?  Or for a single device, a 3G/4G dongle + sim?

I know VM should sort this you, but if your job's on the line then you need to get connected.  Buy a mobile router or dingle and you'd have that by tomorrow, pick up a data only PAYG SIM from a suitable large supermarket, and you're back on line on Monday.  All very well saying "I pay for VM, they should fix it", but that'll be no help if you're explaining the problem at the local benefit office.  And if they need a council permit you're talking about another two weeks in real time.  How patient is your boss?

Hello JamieMarshall

Sorry to hear this is happening 

Its s tricky situation as we need access to the pit but where the responsibility lies keeping this pit clear is something I will need to go away and ask 

If you can please bear with me, I can ask a Service and Instal Manager for advice 

Gareth_L

Thanks Gareth but I am still waiting for a response on this. 

I missed an other installation last Friday as Engineering work still hadn't been completed. Various people said that they will respond last Friday but nobody has. It seems as though VirginMedia really don't want my business or any of my neighbours. It's particularly disappointing when promises are made and continually not met. 

I continually also have calls / texts with no progress or activity to resolve this. 

Very disappointing and almost given up (which is frustrating as I would like to have the speed of their broadband). 

Hi @JamieMarshall,

Thank you for coming back to us about this ongoing issue. Apologies that your install is still pending due to the obstructed pit.

I am more than happy to reach out to our Area Field Managers to look into this further for you and provide some clarity for the location of the pit.

Before I can contact the AFM's, I need to confirm some information. Please keep an eye out for a purple envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page.

I will be in touch soon.

Thanks! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs