Menu
JAR26
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Installation Delay 5+ Months

In June 2021 we were super excited to move to our new flat, we had ordered VM and the go live date was set immediately. However, about 24 hours prior to the installation date, we received a call that the installatiuon would have to be delayed, a new date was set. No problem, engineers are busy, permits are difficult to obtain, delays happen.

Fast forward to now, end of November 2021, after being delayed about 10 times now (always with only about 24h notice), the installation is now slipping into December. Enquiries via email and phone as to what the hold up is and when VM realistically expects to go live were left unanswered. We are sitting here 6 months after move in without the fibre broadband that we ordered, without any information what the problem is or when we can expect this situation to be resolved. 

I am posting here in the hope that someone may have a solution for this or an idea what best to do to speed up the process. Gratful for any advice.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Installation Delay 5+ Months

If anybody does have any good ideas, I'm sure user @t0ji would also be delighted to hear.  Last time they posted they'd been waiting 11 months since the first promised installation date.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @JAR26

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. Really sorry about the install delay and I know how frustrating that must be.

Having taken a look for you, it seems like there's construction work required which requires a permit to do as it's closing a footway.

What I am more than happy to do, is send you a PM now, get some details, raise this case for you to the install team. They'll then contact you with what's happening and fully explain this to you. 

I'll send you the PM now 🙂

Best

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @JAR26

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, a case was raised, reference provided. This was then sent to the install complaints team who will be in touch within you within 7 working days. 

You can also keep a track on your complaint here

If you do ever need us, please pop us a public post on here and we'll be delighted to assist you further.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

0 Kudos
JAR26
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

A breif update today, as the works were due to be completed in course of the day. Unfortunately this has not happened and the system shows the works are now scheduled for 14-Dec instead. 

No notice has been given to me, nor was I told the reason for the delay / holdup.  

0 Kudos
DavidJWalker
Well-informed
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

to be honstly say it can be local council problem that is delaying your install of virgin media if they are holding on the permit back they can or changing your date of this install you can talk to your local council if its holding up on there side if they have to dig up the paveway to get it to your place they have to get this from your local council permit to do this it is 90% local council that is deleying your install not virgin media

My Broadband Ping - Virgin Media 350MB

Using Ultimate Volt bundle

Just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong. If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful; it may help others
0 Kudos
Andrew-G
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@DavidJWalker  it is 90% local council that is deleying your install not virgin media

If you get your facts from the tabloid press you might assume this to be the case, the reality is that local authority works permitting is pretty slick, and needs to be because otherwise people are without water, power or light, or have no working sewerage when problems occur. 

But @JAR26 can check this for themselves by contacting their local authority streetworks team (typically county council if it's not a unitary authority), and asking why VM's permits have been so unreasonably delayed.  I suspect they'll find that permits haven't been requested, or were requested and lapsed because VM didn't do the work.

VM's installations have been a complete ****ing shambles for most of this year, and that is nobody else's fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @JAR26

Thanks for your message but please refrain from sending PM's unless we ask you to. 

Sorry for the further delay. I've contacted the field team this morning and they'll be in touch with you asap.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

0 Kudos
JAR26
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you

Unfortunately, nobody from install complains or field management team has contacted me to date.

The installation date is still shown as scheduled for tomorrow 3-Dec, while the required construction work has been postponed to 14-Dec.

0 Kudos
Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi JAR26 thanks for getting back to us.

I am really sorry you've not heard back from the install complaints team.  I would like to look into this on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos