cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install of Virgin Media

papaku
Joining in

Hi, I’m having Virgin Media installed into my property which has never had VM before so has no box on the wall.

We’ve got Virgin right outside our front wall on one of the triangles in the ground, one of the Virgin pre-install engineers popped round today to have a chat to show me what they’d do during the install - he also advised me that Virgin themselves don’t do the construction work of taking the cables from the pavement to a box on the property, it’s outsourced to an external company.

He also advised that I could do with being at home when these chaps come along and do the work, so I could tell them where I wanted the box on the wall going (to make it simple and clean on Virgin install day) but then also told me that there’s no contact number for the construction guys and that they don’t have a date.

I know first hand that sometimes they don’t turn up before the install date and it gets knocked back… anyone ever had any experience with the company that do the cabling and know any way of getting in contact? I’m sure it can’t be impossible.

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Unless a VM person says differently on here, I think all yo can do is speak to the Pre-installation and delivery team on.. 0800 052 1734.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@papaku wrote:

Hi, I’m having Virgin Media installed into my property which has never had VM before so has no box on the wall.

We’ve got Virgin right outside our front wall on one of the triangles in the ground, one of the Virgin pre-install engineers popped round today to have a chat to show me what they’d do during the install - he also advised me that Virgin themselves don’t do the construction work of taking the cables from the pavement to a box on the property, it’s outsourced to an external company.

He also advised that I could do with being at home when these chaps come along and do the work, so I could tell them where I wanted the box on the wall going (to make it simple and clean on Virgin install day) but then also told me that there’s no contact number for the construction guys and that they don’t have a date.

I know first hand that sometimes they don’t turn up before the install date and it gets knocked back… anyone ever had any experience with the company that do the cabling and know any way of getting in contact? I’m sure it can’t be impossible.

Thanks

you obviously are an optimist and theres nothing wrong with that but put it firmly to oneside when waiting for VM to install - the info you have is correct or may be - its certainly true VM put the cable pull out to sub contractors but they may sub it again and just take their cut

you will get firm information if you ring VM customer service - it will always be tomorrow no problem and guaranteed and if and when it does not happen it will be - you guessed it - tomorrow - i think you get my drift

what should happen is that 2 dates will show on your account - the 1st is the cable pull - the second is the install and they could be weeks apart - the 1st date will roll oner by 24 hours until the work is done hopefully before the 2nd date happens - again i think you get my drift

most intalls happen as planned but when they go wrong all hell breaks loose with the time scale - the longest install recorded on here is 365 days from the 1st install date to it actually happening and that may now have been trumped as there was another that was 365 days and waiting last friday - that i am sure now holds the prize

so there you are a long answer to a simple logical question

the one thing not to do is cancel your existing isp until VM is up and running - it will cost you a months money but believe me its will be worth it if your install goes belly up

Tony.
Sacked VIP