cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install date moved no prior notification.

Riche234
Tuning in

I was meant to be having my virgin media installed next Tuesday. Yesterday I had an email saying that my date has changed. I contacted Virgin to be told they didn't know why it had been changed. I spoke to someone else and they said there was an issue with the wiring to my house. They installed the wire last Friday. No-one at Virgin ca  or will give me a straight answer there advice to me since my install date has changed get intouch with sky and keep my service til the new date. 

This is not a very good start to the customer service. 

15 REPLIES 15

Hi @Riche234,

Apologies for the delayed response here. Do you still need our help with this?

If so, can you please expand on what's happened and has been discussed with the team since we last spoke with you here?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I had been told a number of lies from various people .

from the complaints department via what's app. First they  me there was never a install booked for the 28/12/21.To which I provided the email screenshot the text message I had recived clearly showing the date for the 28th.  On the text message stating the could do the install on the 28th but not the porting of the number. Then they denied ever saying that I had never said install booked and bit was just the engineer wasn't working that day. Was the reason for the install being delayed. 

On here I was told there was further work needed carried out. This work was carried out on the 17th 5 days before the date was changed. 

I spoke to the PIC team they said there was further works carried out. When u asked she said it could be anything like permission from the Council etc. When I asked what date the extra work was stated as being needed ibwas told on the 22nd. Then I asked when it was completed again told the 22nd. The same day as the install date changed. And again 5 days after the wires were installed. 

I had also had a what's app prior to this request the date being changed back to the 28th which i was told had been done. Again yet another lie. 

Finally I rang to cancel the install and contract on tue 28th and was asked to give them a chance to sort it out. They said someone would be back I  touch within a few days. Which was the impression I got from her. I had stated if the install was not going to be done by the 8th which is the date my current contract ends with Sky. I would be staying with them not asking them to let me stay for a an extra week like I was advised from one of the advisors. 

So as you can see why I am struggling even now to give VM another chance. 

Depending on the outcome of today could decide who will be supplying my TV and broadband for the future.

So obviously you didn't want to help. 

Hi @Riche234 thanks for getting back to us. 

I am sorry your experience has led to you feeling the way that you do.  Does your last post mean that nobody has been in touch?  Or that someone has contacted you but you feel they've been unhelpful?

Regards

Lee_R

No one had contacted me. So I have cancelled my install and account. 

As I was still not able to get an answer to the simple question of why my install was moved. I guess I will never know as Virgin Media PIC team couldn't tell me

regards

Former potential customer. 

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really sorry to hear things didn't progress as expected Riche234, it's disappointing to hear this has led you to cancel your order.

If you change your mind please let us know.

Tom