cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Install date moved no prior notification.

Riche234
Tuning in

I was meant to be having my virgin media installed next Tuesday. Yesterday I had an email saying that my date has changed. I contacted Virgin to be told they didn't know why it had been changed. I spoke to someone else and they said there was an issue with the wiring to my house. They installed the wire last Friday. No-one at Virgin ca  or will give me a straight answer there advice to me since my install date has changed get intouch with sky and keep my service til the new date. 

This is not a very good start to the customer service. 

15 REPLIES 15

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Riche234, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm sorry to hear you're having an issue with a delayed install. We can certainly take a look at this further for you however we will need to confirm some details with you. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks,

I have messaged you back.

Regards

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Riche234, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. As we're not exchanging any account specific information now, we can do this via the Community instead of PM. 

Before an installation date, there is a pre-install visit. If there are any issues, the engineers who attend will raise this on the day. It can take a few days to be updated on the account but once it is, if needed, the install is delayed to allow us to do any work that is required. 

When an installation is delayed, we are not able to bring it forward until any further work is carried out. Once that's carried out, we then reschedule the installation for the next available date. 

You've confirmed in your post that the cable was done so the installation has now been scheduled for the next available date. I can only apologise for the delays. 

If you would prefer to cancel then you'll need to speak to the team on 0345 454 1111 so they can arrange this for you. I hope you do decide to give us another chance but understand you need to do what's right for you. 

If you have any further issues, pop back here and let us know. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I had spoken to Virgin after they got in touch with me after the Pre installation visit was done. I.e the wire and junction box fitted to my house. Not once since then did they mention anything about any issues. Not a single person is able or willing to tell me why 5 days after the installation of junction box etc they decided to change the install date after telling me it would be the original date they said in the contract. Even when I requested today i was told it had bee  changed to the 28th.

So either nobody at Virgin knows what is going on or all the texts, WhatsApp and emails I have from virgin are all in my imagination or Virgin need to check there cyber security as someone is impersonating them. 

Riche234
Tuning in

When is someone from Virgin going to get in touch with me about the awful customer service I have recived so far from Virgin. I was told on Tuesday it would be a few days. Still nothing if I hear nothing the installation engineer will have had a wasted time when he comes to try and install. 

Riche234
Tuning in

I have tried cancelling my account. I was asked to give them 48 hrs for them to get someone to contact me. Ref all the hassle I uave had with VM I  the last few week. That was on Tuesday and still have not heard back from anyone at VM not even an email to acknowledge anything. If I don't get anything resolved and conformation of my complaint actually being dealt with. Then I will be staying with Sky and the engineer will not be entering my house to install anything. 

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta
  • Please don't think you have been selected for particularly poor service. Unfortunately your experience is very common.
- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

I know that was hoping they might come back with some lame excuse.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Just browse the page.  You'll see all the excuses you want.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.