cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Im told that i cant be connected to fibre

daviesfoley
Tuning in

We live in a road with many Virgin fibre users

The Virgin fiber Box is opposite my house on the other side of a narrow public road that runs alongside the main road. 

But because my house does not have a connection point, they will not install fibre!

Im told it is because the subcontract team are quoting too much to close a little used road and now no one will discuss the issue. This is after a month of Waiting for an install!

2 REPLIES 2

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM will not install a road crossing to serve just one property, & have no obligation to do so.

The budget to install infrastructure to a single property amounts to around £1500. Digging up & restoring a road would probably cost 10 times that. I would be looking at another provider.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

JOE-C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @daviesfoley I would be happy to double check this for you. I will send you a message as I will need your address to look into it.

Regards Joe

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more