Menu
mariutto
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hub4 just stopped working and won’t register tonight

I’ve recently been updated to GBs broadband.  It been working fine.

I had to power off the hub tonight to move things around. After plugging it back it the hub will no longer register.

I’m in router mode. I’m directly connected via Ethernet to my laptop. 

I have fully reset the router with a 60 sec reset button 

there is a signal coming through, if I disconnect the coax, I get a no rf signal error, when I reconnect it detects the signal and then fails to register 

any ideas what has happened? 

0 Kudos
mariutto
Dialled in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hub4 just stopped working and won’t register tonight

Urgh engineer visit booked in 8 days time! 

if anyone has any ideas please pass them my way? Children’s lessons from home and I Need to work from home next week. I know , so does everyone at the mo 😞 

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If internet access is 'mission critical' you could look at getting a 3G / 4G / 5G data dongle from a Mobile company, or more data on your mobile contract, or a cheap BT Line or maybe a Business contract with the better SLAs and free 4G Dongle for when there are problems.

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
mariutto
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I actually have dongles for EE, Vodafone and Three. The reception in my area is not good enough, for more than basic use. For each I get avg 2-4Mbs

i have to get a second broadband line but I doubt that Will get done quickly enough.

Any tips out there on what maybe wrong with the router?

btw TV service is unaffected

0 Kudos
MikeRobbo
Alessandro Volta
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Which lights are illuminated on the Hub ?

*********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
BT Smart Hub 2 with 70Mbs Download,18Mbs Upload, 9.17ms Latency & 0.35ms Jitter.
0 Kudos
mariutto
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Turns out the hub was delivered faulty. Its been replaced with a new Hub 4, today in fact. Seems to be working so far.

FYI it only ever showed a white light, apparently it needed to display a GREEN light to show it is locked and ready before it will work correctly, but never did.

0 Kudos
mariutto
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

FYI to all, I ended up buying a Three 5g Broadband box and I am getting 200-300 Mbs, seriously good alternative and backup, My whole house has managed to work from home for a whole week hanging of a wireless 5G connection. Thumbs up to Three!