cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 noise

s88urd
Dialled in

Hi, I received a 'new' hub 4 today as I upgraded to 1gig. I have noticed the fan on the device is on constantly (which I understand it's meant to be) however the noise is quite noticeable. 

The hub is in the same room where me and my partner sleep and the droning of the fan is certainly making it more difficult for us to sleep.

How do I go about getting this looked at please?

Regards

9 REPLIES 9

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Report it as a fault, mine makes no noise at all.

Call Customer Services on 0345 454 1111/150 if you have a VM landline or wait a day or two for a VM staff member to get to your post.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Thanks Tudor, my experience with the telephone support isn't fantastic, whereas support from staff on here seems to be on point (although they can take a little while to reply, but that's understandable)

I must admit your help it amazing too, every thread i have created you have responded to, so a personal thanks to you 🙂

Hi s88urd,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the noise coming from the fam. 

I have taken a look on our side and it does look as though you have spoken with the team regarding this. 

Has this all been sorted for you? 

^Martin

Hi, bit confused as I have only reported it here on the forum and not spoken to anyone else at VM with regards to this.

As of yet nothing has been arranged or discussed with me.

Hi Martin,

I havent spoken to anyone in the team regarding this as i dont seem to have much luck with phone support.

Is this something you can progress with please?

Regards

Hi there @s88urd, thanks for coming back. I'm sorry to see that you are still having issues with the noise the fan is making.

I will certainly do my best to help you with this, I'll send you a PM to confirm your details to help.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi all, just to update the public thread this issue has now been resolved.

@s88urd, if you need anything further please don't hesitate to let us know.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Any tips how to resolve a noisy Hub 4 fan? Only had it a week, was quiet initially but now seems that the fan is on constantly despite the Hub feeling quite cool.

Hi Chris_M, 

Thanks for Posting this on our Forums, I am sorry you've also got a noisy fan on your Hub 4. 

I am afraid unless the Hub is suffering from an issue that is causing an issue with your broadband speed/connection or it's overheating we wouldn't be able to replace it. 

I understand you've not had it for very long, but please check around the area of the fan for any dust or damage and let us know if you find anything. 

Thanks,

Megan_L