cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 connectivity issues with Firestick 4k Max

Deboyfusco
Tuning in

Recently received the Hub 4 as part of a speed upgrade for my broadband.

Have managed to get the majority of devices connected but I'm having issues with my firestick 4k max and Echo Show 8.

They attempt to connect then fail. 

Have tried to reboot and reset both the hub 4 and the Amazon devices but still no joy. 

Bizarrely I have been able to connect an echo show5 with no issue and a different echo show 8 but can't work out the issues with the firestick and the other echo show 8

Anyone had similar issues with Amazon devices and the hub 4?

4 REPLIES 4

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Deboyfusco, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear of the connection issues you've had with your devices. Can you let me know if you've been able to do this since your post? If this is still the same is it possible you could expand on when it tries to connect but fails - does it just time out etc? 

Cheers, 

Ryan. 

Thanks for the response.

It would time out. Have tried multiple methods of connecting but no joy.

Had to put the hub4 into modem mode in the end 

Hi @Deboyfusco,

Thank you for the update. Has putting the Hub 4 into Modem Mode now allowed you to resolve the issues with the two affected devices?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

I can now connect the firestick and the echo show 8 but only through the asus rt‑ac68u that I have connected to the hub4 (which is in modem mode) 

Had been hoping to be able to connect all devices directly to the Hub 4 without the need for a separate router