cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 4 Default Password

D0kt0r_c
Tuning in

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is an alternative default password for the Hub 4?

We had an issue with Internet Access earlier today, so I tried a quick reboot of the Hub 4.  Once it came back up the Internet Access is working now, but I tried to login to the Admin Settings (192.168.0.1) and was asked to select a language (like the first-time setup), but cannot login as it is not accepting the Admin password I set (which I have checked is correct in my password manager) or the default Admin password from the Hub's label.

I haven't yet tried a pin-hole reset, but may do tonight once the family are all in bed.

Thanks in advance for any help.

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds like you not set up hub properly, default password is under hub and can be changed once you done setup 

Thanks for the reply, but I definitely set it up and changed the admin password from the default.

I have tried both the password I set (which was saved in my password manager, so I could double check I was entering the correct password), and the password on the bottom of the hub, neither work, and I'm definitely entering the settings password and not the WiFi key (although I did try that once just in case that might work).  Think I'll just try a pinhole reset once everyone is in bed and see if that sorts it out.

Thanks again anyway.

D0kt0r_c
Tuning in

Couldn't get any password to work, so gave up and went for a pinhole reset, which has allowed me to log back in.

This literally just happened to me. My internet went out during a work call. Didn't come back up after 10 minutes so powered off and on the hub 4.

Came back online, the internet is fine, but the hub 4 login page is showing me the initial setup screen, and the password from the bottom of the device doesn't work any more.

On the one hand, I'm glad it's not just me with this problem, but sorry you've got it too!  I'm afraid I haven't found a solution to it, and I just put up with the semi-regular resets!

I've had this happen many times since.  If I do a pinhole reset on the back, and quickly run through the initial setup again, it seems to be ok for a while and then happens a few weeks later.

If I leave it and don't bother with the pinhole reset, I can't login to the config, but the Hub resets itself anyway at some point over the following few days, and the password from the bottom works again.

interesting. I just reset through the pinhole and it's still telling me the password is wrong.

Annoying, I just bought a new router (not cheap!) that is arriving tomorrow, due to all the issues with the hub 4, and now I looks like I'm not gonna be able to get in to switch it to modem only mode. 😞