cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hub 3 installation

Bill1234
Joining in

Hi, how long does it typically take for the new hub to connect and for you to connect devices to WiFi? I can see the network on devices and it allows me to connect but no actual internet connection. It’s been over 3 hrs since install and I’ve switched on and off twice in that time. Any help very much appreciated? Am I being impatient? I just assumed this would be quick given the 30mins mentioned in the guide? Thanks 

5 REPLIES 5

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What are the lights on the Hub showing/doing?

Did you have to do anything to get the Hub activated?

In any case, call the activation number and see if it has been - or get them to do it.

The equipment activation number is - 0800 953 9500 – you will need the serial number off the barcode sticker and also your account number, Call at 08.00 (Mon-Sat) or 09.00 (Sun) for the best chance of getting through quickly.

Or/and, text the same details to 07533 051809 - responses are slower though

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

Ok thanks will do! Fingers crossed they can sort ASAP.

Still no internet, light on the hub is constant white. Spoke to VM on the phone this morning and they said everything was connected their end, they would need to send a technician next Monday (earliest time). This is a total nightmare as I’m working from home and kids are at home due to Covid closures so they need to access internet. Has any one had similar issues and any further help really appreciated.

Thanks

Hi, 

i have the same issue. Did you manage to get it sorted?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Vladk78

I am sorry to see this, welcome to the community.

Please can you tell me more about what is happening?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide