cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to secure external brown box cover?

Shardlake
Tuning in

My brown box cover has come off and I can't get it back on. There are 2 horizontal channels but nothing else to attack it with, seems like a very flimsy design. The cables just push it back off again if you try to reattach it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

usually a screw or a tie wrap at the bottom

Tony.
Sacked VIP

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

Shardlake
Tuning in
I misspelt something and now there's no edit button?

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

usually a screw or a tie wrap at the bottom

Tony.
Sacked VIP

What I did:

1. Put a cable tie around the white cable (does anyone know what this is for? It's not connected to anything.)
  2. Secured the brown box over the top first and then levered it down, that seemed to secure it much better and it seemed to snap into place at the bottom.
  3. Added a cable tie at the bottom as suggested by Tony.

It seems much more secure now and I don't have to worry about rain damage or messy cables.

Hi @Shardlake

Welcome to the community!

Sorry to hear that your concerns with your omni box cover. I know you have mentioned that you have a secured this yourself, but we can offer an appointment for a technician to come and fit the box with a new cover if you prefer?

If you would like for me to arrange this, please join me on private message so I can locate your account and book you the earliest appointment. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

It's not necessary now, thank you.

Thanks for letting us know that no further assistance is needed @Shardlake.

If you have any problems in the future, please let us know.

Regards,

Steven_L