cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to book an engineer

johnjcarty
Joining in

Hi, 

I'm looking to book an engineer as I dont have the correct wall connection to set up my hub. I've tried phoning but have bad reception at my house and can't find on the app or website how to book.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

8 REPLIES 8

Client62
Hero

Contact the Pre-installation and delivery team on 0800 052 1734 and explain your situation.

I have poor reception at my flat and struggle to be understood due to the line. Is there no way to book an engineer through the app?

No

Reception is clearly quite sufficient for internet.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You can book a technician either by phoning customer support, or waiting for staff to reply here. 

But be clear why you need the visit, because if there is no actual fault found with Virgin's own equipment there will be a charge of £25.

You might like to try giving full details here first to get some advice. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Basically I have no way of connecting the isolator cable to the wall socket. On my wall I have an openreach master socket 5c. When I purchased the broadband I was sent the self-installation kit but I think there’s been an error as I dont have the appropriate wall socket.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

You can call the Installations number 0800 052 1734. 

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Can't. Bad reception.

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Then you need to call the pre install team, number as above. You do not have to be at home to call.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2