cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to arrange an engineer for a non fault to see if the coaxial cable can be extended?

CameronL
Joining in

Hi, I've recently had virgin broadband set up in my house but the location of the media box at the front of the house and the length of the original coaxial cable to the hub means much of the house gets no signal at all. So I'm hoping to get a longer cable to move the router to a more central location in the house. 

As I understand it I need to arrange an engineer to visit for a non fault wiring issue which costs a flat rate, to see if a longer cable is feasible. Does anyone know if there is a maximum length a coxial cable can be? And is the only way of arranging an engineer to visit to do so over the phone?

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @CameronL 

There would be a £25 non fault call out charge (it used to be £99) to do the work you require.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also you can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or contact the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112. This may take 4-6 hours as phone calls take priority.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @CameronL 

There would be a £25 non fault call out charge (it used to be £99) to do the work you require.

You should call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faults

When calling Faults ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and book the tech for you.

If you don't want to be tied up on the phone you could also you can text VM on 0753 305 1809 or contact the team on WhatsApp on 0730 532 7112. This may take 4-6 hours as phone calls take priority.

Or wait a day or two and a member of the Forum Team should pick this up for you and arrange a tech visit.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi CameronL 👋 welcome to the community forum! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about your current setup and signal issues. We can arrange for a technician to attend and re-arrange things for you! As the community have already correctly advised there is a standard charge of £25 for a technicians call out. We will just need to send you a PM to confirm a few account details so we can arrange this for you. 

I will do this for you now - you can find the PM in the top right corner of the page in your Inbox. 📩 We can then return to this public thread with another update when possible. Thank you for your patience in the meantime!

Wishing you all the best. 🌞

Molly

Hi All 👋 just returning to keep this public thread updated. 

Thanks to CameronL for PMing with me 📨. We were able to confirm the details we needed to get an appointment booked in. This is now scheduled, which they can view and manage via the My Virgin Media account here 👉 virg.in/myVM. If needing to reschedule but unable to do so via My VM please do let us know and we can offer support doing this manually for you! Thank you for your patience until the appointment. Hope it goes well! 

All the best. 🌞

Molly