cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How is my DECT phone connected to Hub 3?

Valrod
Just joined

We have been tidying our IT at home and after reconnecting everything the Landline telephony failed.

We have two DECT phones connected to wall sockets. If I connect the Hub 3 telephone socket to house telephone socket (as it appeared to be) then the Landline does not have a dial tone. If the Hub 3 telephone socket is not connected, then a dial tone and calls can be made on the DECT phone. I just don't understand how this can be? Is the DECT phone communicating wirelessly with Hub 3.0?

On the Home Hun 3.0 Status Page it says

Wireless On (Green)

Internet Online (Green)

Telephony Disabled

Why would the Telephony be disabled? Is this because nothing is plugged in?

I also don't understand why it worked before. I can only assume that the Telephone connection was not actually connected???

While it works at the moment I want to understand why........

4 REPLIES 4

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sounds like your connecting an old telephone wire to the hub and your not actually subscribed to the voip service your on the original analogue service

Thanks for the reply. When dialling 150 it comes through to Virgin Media so the DECT phones are connecting to Virgin Media some how....

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All DECT phones I have encountered have a base station. This base station is wired to the incoming phone line which is still used by a large number of VM subscribers. This base station is often hidden away somewhere. The phone sockets on the VM hubs are used mostly for new installations and the existing users will all be converted over during the next year or two. I expect yours is an old installation.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Valrod

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding connecting your DECT phone, I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing these issues getting your landline connected. I would like to take a look at our systems and confirm if you are subscribed to the VoIP  service or if yours is an old installation. I shall send you a private message to obtain the details required now and we can clarify this for you.

Best wishes,

Serena