Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How do i contact Installation team?

I have signed up for the oooomph package and have install date of 28th November. Last Thursday the pre install team ( 2 van 2 men ) came to the property and we discussed the route through the garden etc and they pulled the cable from the street cabinet to the access point on the road but had no trunking with them, so said they would return monday (26th nov) to dig the grass and install the trunking and pull the cable.

They have not come back and my install engineer is still booked for 28th!  I called earlier and got through to india.... after a long explaination she said she would pass me through to the install team... another indian woman answered ( tbh i think it was the exact same woman ) who said the installation engineer booked for the 28th "will do the rest of the job"... when i said "you mean he will dig the garden up and then install the 3 points in the house" she said yes.

From my understanding the install engineer will be expecting the cable to have already been pulled to the house when he arrives???  i cant seem to get an answer to this from anywhere!

I am now firmly expecting him to arrive and say "cant do it mate" and then leave. How can i contact the install team directly and ask??

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do i contact Installation team?

The Pre-installation and delivery team are on:- 0800 052 1734

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks I got through on that number and the chap assured me that the I stall tomorrow was a 2 man job booked and they would install and do the pull to the house. We shall see what happens! Thanks for the number it works and gets you through to Install team right away. Many thanks.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Well 9.20 am and two lovely lads turned up ( Jim B and Joshua R ) and did the pull through the garden to the house. Lovely friendly lads who did exactly what i wanted regards routing with no issues.

Great experience so far and the lads were very friendly and cleaned up any mess and did a great job! if their manager reads these posts then give them both a pat on the back!

Now all ready for the install engineer this afternoon....   😛

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Xenoatreus,

I'm glad the pre-pull work has been completed to your satisfaction and it's great to hear that Jim and Joshua were a credit to their team. It's unlikely that their managers will see this here, so I'll fire over an email to pass on your gratitude 🙂

Do keep us posted regarding the install itself!

Thanks,

Rachael

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Install went perfectly.

Engineer vist was set for between 1-6 but i got a call on my mobile from the engineer ( Kyle B ) at just gone 10.30 to say he could come now if i was ready... i told him the lads had just been an hour before to do the pre-pull and he said he would be there soon.

Kyle arrived soon after and he came in and i explained exactly where i wanted the 3 points installed and he got cracking. The was a fair bit to do and he cracked on and soon got the cables all setup. I had 500 BB and 3 V6 boxes and everything worked first time ( after a bit of updating of the boxes ) and Kyle ported over my BT phone number and we did a speedtest on my main pc ( wired connection i have the router in my bedroom ).....  first result was 559mb!!

I cant thank Kyle enough... he was brilliant and took the time to explain to my elderly mother whom i live with all about the things she could do with her new Tv!

Kyle even made me up 3 different length cables to use as i often move things about shorter cables would be useful. Overall a great service and fantastic install from the manchester team!  Thumbs up!

/John

0 Kudos