Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Horrendous service from installation team

Over the last month we have tried ton move from sky(18yrs) to virgin. The customer service has been horrific. We have had our installation cancelled 3 times. Noone can tell us why. We have spent hours on the phone. Had promises made broken and been lied to many a time. Discussing customer service. We have now contacted sky and returned to them as a service provider. THE GRASS ISN'T ALWAYS GREENER! 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Horrendous service from installation team

I've also been waiting 6 weeks for Virgin engineers to repair an external  fault and I have also had three appointments cancelled and been told many lies. I even found the email address for the CEO and emailed him direct, in the hope that he would be embarrassed enough to do something about it, but that was a dead end. I too am looking to switch over to Sky.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They don't cancel for no reason . You probably had a blocked duct which required council permission to fix. They'll cancel that now and request again if you ask to join again. That's why we always say never to cancel your previous provider until the service is in and running.

The ceos public email doesn't actually go direct to the ceo. It's filtered through other staff first so might never reach him. 

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - of course the issue here is about communication and accountability. If for any reason they have to cancel they should contact me and give me a reason why they have had to do so  not just leave me waiting all day without knowing anything. We all understand that these are difficult times but that shouldn’t be used as an excuse.

Sky send you an email or text first thing in the morning with a link to enable you to track your engineers progress and provide you with the engineers name and telephone number so that you can contact him if he doesn’t show up.

Obviously Virgin don’t give you that information because the likelihood is that there are no engineers allocated to your job. I may be wrong but I feel that there was never any intention for anyone to show up on the 24 July or 6 August and that these dates were just given to stop me calling up and complaining. 

0 Kudos
Super solver
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Any date which is confirmed with an engineer is available on your portal. If it isn't there its an agent giving you a random date to get you off the phone to increase there "handled calls" count. 

0 Kudos