Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Help! Worst experience ever

I had an engineer come to install my broadband/TV at my property, 5 days after the face plate was put in. He didn't install anything properly and said something about there not being anything for the fibre optic cable to plug into? He wasn't clear on what the issue was but said that someone would come later to sort it out. All day went by yesterday and no-one came and nor did anyone call. Instead I had to be calling them yesterday, only to be transferred across various teams because no-one could provide me with an answer - this took 6 hours yesterday on the phone and a further 2 hours this morning. I was again told this morning that I would get a call back ASAP with an update but it's already been 2 hours since then.

I explained that I am working from home because of COVID-19 and desperately need this sorted otherwise I will lose my job, and still I'm not getting any resolution or another engineer to come and sort it for me. It's literally been the worst and most stressful experience I have ever had with any company, especially as my livelihood depends on it and no-one at Virgin seems to care! 

Please can anyone help? I have the equipment all here at my house but it's not connected. TIA 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help! Worst experience ever

Are you speaking with the pre-installation and delivery team - if not they may have more info – on.. 0800 052 1734

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help! Worst experience ever

If your job is on the line then it makes sense to protect this via alternative measures such as mobile broadband. Mine cost £20 pay as you go and its a brilliant backup that I've since signed a contract for as if virgin is down its that or a 3 hour car drive! 

0 Kudos