HUB 3 - How to get newer model ?

Goncikas
Tuning in

How can I get a new  HUB  ?? 

3 REPLIES 3

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
For most customers the Hub 3 is the newest model available.

You can get a Hub 4 as part of an upgrade to Gig1, or where Virgin Media identify that it could be of benefit to your local network if you're on a lower tier. You can't phone up can ask for it on it's own.

Or you may be contacted by Virgin Media to trial other new hardware, like the Hub 5 pilot that's currently happening. But the Hub 5 can't be requested, only if you're contacted by Virgin Media.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What problems are you experiencing with the Hub3 and what has been tried to resolve them ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.

asim18
Fibre optic

Do you mean you want a brand new Hub 3 or a newer model altogether(Hub 5)?

I don't think they have any new Hub 3s available, they have been regurgitating old customer returns for a while now. When I was forced to upgrade my telephone line to a digital line they sent me three manky old customer returns and I had to chose the best one and send the other broken ones back. Asked about any new stock and they told me to try again in a few months.

The new Hub 5's are brand new but also very limited stock, people are desperate to get a hold of one, however VM are using the same tactic as the Hub 3 and doing a slow rollout, only the invited are able to get hold of a brand new one, by the time it's our turn it's likely the stock will all be 2nd hand stock.