How can I get a new  HUB  ?? 

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: HUB 3 - How to get newer model ?

For most customers the Hub 3 is the newest model available.

You can get a Hub 4 as part of an upgrade to Gig1, or where Virgin Media identify that it could be of benefit to your local network if you're on a lower tier. You can't phone up can ask for it on it's own.

Or you may be contacted by Virgin Media to trial other new hardware, like the Hub 5 pilot that's currently happening. But the Hub 5 can't be requested, only if you're contacted by Virgin Media.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

What problems are you experiencing with the Hub3 and what has been tried to resolve them ?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
asim18
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Do you mean you want a brand new Hub 3 or a newer model altogether(Hub 5)?

I don't think they have any new Hub 3s available, they have been regurgitating old customer returns for a while now. When I was forced to upgrade my telephone line to a digital line they sent me three manky old customer returns and I had to chose the best one and send the other broken ones back. Asked about any new stock and they told me to try again in a few months.

The new Hub 5's are brand new but also very limited stock, people are desperate to get a hold of one, however VM are using the same tactic as the Hub 3 and doing a slow rollout, only the invited are able to get hold of a brand new one, by the time it's our turn it's likely the stock will all be 2nd hand stock.

0 Kudos