cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HDU-200 cable from wall?

Kibby89
Joining in

Hi can anyone please assist? So we wanted to move around our living room a little but the wire coming in from the virgin box on the wall inside going to the hdu-200 splitter is too short. Can anyone advise me what it is and what cable i would need to extend it? I have attached some pictures. Thank you!

IMG_7547.jpeg

It says selcon 3.9 on the silver bit of the cable I think.. 

IMG_7546.jpeg

6 REPLIES 6

carl_pearce
Community elder

Technically you aren't allowed to use any cable other than what's provided by VM.

You'll need to arrange a £25 call out for an engineer to make any changes to the wiring.

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

as above is the company answer - you can find genuine cables on ebay or as an alternative swap what you have round if that works with your new layout

a genuine cable for sale here - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/145092409665

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Hi are all the cables the same then? I just need a good quality coax cable, genuine VM if I can?

@Kibby89 wrote:

Hi are all the cables the same then? I just need a good quality coax cable, genuine VM if I can?

No.

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

Personally I'd take the description of "Genuine" on any eBay product with a very large helping of NaCl.

Where does the seller obtain these VM cables?

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.

Hi Kibby89, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

As mentioned above, you would need to ensure the cable is provided by VM. We're not able to send longer cables directly but we can book an engineer visit for you for them to get things sorted. There is a £25 charge for this which would be applied to your next bill generated, after the visit takes place. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. If you are using a PC/Laptop then you can just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. If you are on a mobile/tablet device then instead click on the little circle icon in the top right then select 'Messages'. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs