cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Green base light flashing

kaychenggraphic
Joining in

Hi,

I have recently received my quick-start kit, but the green base light kept flashing nonstop for hours. The wifi light is on, not flashing, and it's in green. 

I have also tried resetting the hub yet nothing seems to work. The service status said it is activated. 

Anyone can give me any suggestions?

Thanks,

Kay

14 REPLIES 14

Hey Wraggdoll,

Sorry to hear of the issues that you're having with your internet, as your post is from 5 days ago, I just want to check if you are still suffering from broadband issues.

If you are, I would be happy to take a further look into this for you.

Regards

Steven_L

Hi,

I singed up for broadband only and received my Media Hub 3 yesterday. Having followed the quick install guide I receive similar issue as described above; a green flashing base with a stable green WiFi symbol. I have ensured that all cables are plugged in properly, I have reset it using the button on the back of the unit, I called support who took my MAC address and told me to wait 30 minutes for the unit to update, which too did not work.

Would you kindly advise me on how to proceed as I am sure you can understand having a stable connection is crucial during these times.

Kind regards,

Joakim  

Harvey_H
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi,

It basically means there is no signal coming down the cable. Meaning with new installs, at some point in the past that cable has been disconnected, either by virgin for causing area issues or by renovations that could of happened in the past.

Unless a customer service agent comes on here and sorts it for you, which isn't often.

The quickest way is to jump on the phone to Virgin and inform them you attempted your own self install but was unable to do it and need a technician to attend to install it for you. They will then get one booked for you at the next earliest appointment slot

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

I have same issue, it just happened this morning,  did a restart, reset, checked all the leads,... engineer can be here next week,... is there anything else that can be done ?

Hi Gobo1, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Really sorry for the issues you've been having and for the delay in getting back in touch, we have been busier than usual. 

I've had a look at the back end of things and it's all looking pretty good from here, can I ask if these issues are still happening now? 

Please let us know and we can see what else we can do to help. 

Emma_C - Forum Team