cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting The New Hub 3 & Gig1 ...

ScooterDude
Joining in

Hi folks,

I am still on Hub 2.  How do I get the new Hub 3?

I am aware that in order to get Hub 4 (and Hub 5), I would have to sign up to Gig1.  I gave my postcode and used the "Check Availability" button, but it still won't tell me if Gig1 is available in my area or not, and how do I find out how much signing up to Gig1 would cost me per month?

Thanks.

SD

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ScooterDude 

Gig1 Fibre Broadband (average download speed 1104Mbps). £62 a month for 24 months, standard pricing thereafter (currently £62).

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/broadband-only 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @ScooterDude 

Gig1 Fibre Broadband (average download speed 1104Mbps). £62 a month for 24 months, standard pricing thereafter (currently £62).

https://www.virginmedia.com/broadband/broadband-only 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @ScooterDude,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

If you're looking to potentially upgrade your package, I would advise speaking to our retentions department on 0345 454 1111 (or 150 from a Virgin Media landline) and they can advise you of your options.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hello Zach_R,

Thanks for your response.  But I am profoundly deaf, so therefore I cannot use the phone.

Unfortunately, I have zero interest in upgrading my package because I am already paying £44.00 a month (which I think is far too much) for my package which is a severe strain on my finances as I am unemployed and my money comes from benefits which mostly goes on food and leaves very little for anything else, my wish is for Virgin Media to cut all package prices and make cable broadband very affordable for those on low incomes.

But I am still interested in upgrading to the new Virgin Media SuperHub 3 cable modem.  What are the differences between the old VM SuperHub 2ac cable modem and the new VM SuperHub 3 cable modem?

ScooterDude

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again ScooterDude,

Think about how much you can afford before contacting VM again and then try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of regrade**  to 07533 051809.

Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible - it might take an hour or so, so best make a cuppa and grab some nibbles.

** You might get a better deal if you put the description as cancellation - That should put you through to Retentions (thinking of leaving us)

They are  generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line regrades agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract. You can ask for an upgrade to the hub 3 as part of your negotiation.

I don't know if you qualify for this, but it's worth a look https://www.virginmedia.com/help/essential-bb 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @ScooterDude,

Have you used our texting service? I can see @newapollo has given you the number to use, let us know how you go.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide