JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 31 of 41
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: External Installation Not Completed

It's been done.

If I've helped let me know 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

I give 'my' experience to help where possible.
DR1409
On our wavelength
Message 32 of 41
Flag for a moderator

You're a star! Thank you so much again - I can't tell you how much I appreciate it.

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 33 of 41
Flag for a moderator

No problem, thanks for for occupying my time 🙂

10 year's managing 9 Virgin Media accounts, and things never got any better, closed last 4 accounts since January 2021 :L

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 34 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@JitteryPinger wrote:

intrigued to know who you have flagged it to - staff dont answer unsolicited pm's as far as i know - reported to mod maybe - they will pass it up the chain

to the OP - in truth you have had your answer - the ground work is a rolling date - it will happen when it happens not much you can do about that - if the cable has not been pulled by the install date the tech may do the inside work or he may not - if there is finally proved to be a blockage you are looking at 6 weeks [ish] delay - again nothing you can do about it and assuming the flagged thread is picked up any time soon thats about as much as you will get from staff

Tony
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 35 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@-tony- wrote:

@JitteryPinger wrote:

intrigued to know who you have flagged it to - staff dont answer unsolicited pm's as far as i know - reported to mod maybe - they will pass it up the chain

You said it

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 36 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@JitteryPinger wrote:

@-tony- wrote:

@JitteryPinger wrote:

You said it

fine - again dont know what you expect - mods are just that - they are different to forum staff - but leave it with you theres really nowhere to go here - the install will happen on time or not - trying to understand how VM work is a pointless exercise 

Tony
0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 37 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Well its work thus far, is trying to get people help and potentially avoid an issue such a problem

0 Kudos
-tony-
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 38 of 41
Flag for a moderator

@JitteryPinger wrote:

Well its work thus far, is trying to get people help and potentially avoid an issue such a problem

not at all - i was interested how you flagged it - flag to a mod is afaik for abusive posts and posters not to raise an issue - but if it works for you then fine - to try to help is the reason most of us are here

Tony
DR1409
On our wavelength
Message 39 of 41
Flag for a moderator

Thank you! 

The issue here is the non transparency - clearly VM have an issue with communicating effectively. 

If there is a blockage then why has this been told to be wrong by 6 different staff members now, including the pre-install team. All insisting work will be done on a specific date then never happens. I just have to assume that the installation will not go ahead tomorrow even though it's scheduled to do so and find other means to get me through (the who knows how long) no internet period. It may just be easier sticking with my old provider at this point. 

And yes I've seen in other posts being flagged and them actually doing something to help.. at this point it's just worth the try. 

DR1409
On our wavelength
Message 40 of 41
Flag for a moderator

*UPDATE*

The installation was done today! 

It was a bit of an odd turn of events.. I was told by the engineer that it can't be done as the external works have not been done. But then he quickly got his manager on the phone who made sure the external team would come and suggested to do the internal installation first before the external team arrive. 

It worked out fine in the end ! I was really hesitant with all the wrong information previously given by virgin media and I thought they would never come. The internal engineer and his manager were superb at getting everything sorted for us. The external team were fantastic too.